• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin O'Neill League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

21 posts in this topic

I know a lot of the LOEG art recently changed hands, though I don't know how much info is in the public domain so I'll leave it at that. Let's see if some of those with first-hand knowledge are willing to speak up about it here. :juggle:

I know a lot of the LOEG art recently changed hands, though I don't know how much info is in the public domain so I'll leave it at that. Let's see if some of those with first-hand knowledge are willing to speak up about it here. :juggle:

I don't think it's a secret, just a private behind-the-scenes deal. None of us have felt any reason to discuss it unless asked. The entire first series was recently sold. I acquired Book #5 (cover plus interiors, backup story images, and ad pieces/drawings), and am thrilled to have it. There's nothing like having a complete Alan Moore issue. In my opinion, this was Alan's last great work.

Congrats, Hari! Now that the cat's out the bag, I guess I can say that the deal for the entire first series was done last year. I was lucky enough to be offered a pick of several issues back then, but passed for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which was that I would have had to break up whichever issue I chose. Glad to see that this particular issue will be kept intact.

Man, that's just how it goes. Wonder how long it will be before broken books start seeing pieces hitting the market. It's bound to happen eventually.

-e.

I dunno, that might not actually be such a sure thing. For Alan Moore fans there would be a certain cachet to owning a whole issue of one of his major books (as Hari mentioned) and this might well be their only shot.

At first sure, but I'd be shocked to see a modern book remain intact indefinitely. Might be a few (or many) years, but whole books generally do get broken up eventually. I've seen it happen time and again.

In this case I'd find it hard to believe that there would be that many different collectors that just sit on this many whole books for more than a number of years before one or two of them decide its time to move one or two of them on (after death, financial hardship, boredom, etc.).

It's always tougher and generally brings less money when you sell the whole shebang, than parted out. I'm sure it'll happen sometime.

-e.

I don't think it's a secret, just a private behind-the-scenes deal. None of us have felt any reason to discuss it unless asked. The entire first series was recently sold. I acquired Book #5 (cover plus interiors, backup story images, and ad pieces/drawings), and am thrilled to have it. There's nothing like having a complete Alan Moore issue. In my opinion, this was Alan's last great work.

(worship) (worship)

Now that's an art day!!! wow!! Any chance of some pics? :foryou:

Mine will remain intact. However, I agree that there's a good chance that one will eventually be broken up.

Hari

Congrats on the pick up, Hari!

LOEG #5 with ads and all? The infamous "Marvel person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed" included? :wishluck:

You know your comics history! Yes, everything including 3 different proposals for that particular page of ads. The original, unedited, ad is there of course.

Love the Invisible Man sequences in this particular issue.

Hari

You know your comics history! Yes, everything including 3 different proposals for that particular page of ads. The original, unedited, ad is there of course.

Love the Invisible Man sequences in this particular issue.

Hari

Oh mama! Man, one of these days, I've just got to see your collection. (worship) (worship) (worship)