• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #76 CGC 9.2 white pages SOLD!

32 posts in this topic

Hey gang. No real intro needed for this book but I'll describe it a bit as I don't have a good scan right now.

Book has very nice centering, and very strong eye appeal. It's an old label, white pages. The bottom of the case is cracked and I debated reholdering the book but I did not because I thought the old label/white pages designation would be more desirable to some. I guarantee that the crack in the slab has done no damage to the book! This is a superior 9.2 with 9.4 eye appeal with only a few tiney dimples at the spine. There are two stacking indents on the back cover from staples of a neighboring book that left indents and a tiny rust spot on the back cover, hence the grade. So, old label, white pages, good centering and 9.4 eye appeal of a very tough and key book. I doubt you will find a nicer looking 9.2 of this book.

Asking $2600 shipped. BOOK IS SOLD!

GreenLantern76CGC9_2white.jpg

I debated reholdering the book but I did not because I thought the old label/white pages designation would be more desirable to some.

I'm still pretty new to this CGC thing. Does reholdering affect page quality?

I debated reholdering the book but I did not because I thought the old label/white pages designation would be more desirable to some.

You can ask to have a page quality recheck.

In my experience (and in the case of many board members) CGC was very strict on page quality on old label books, so that many old label books that have been reholdered (or regraded) have received a bump in page quality...I have seen books go from cream to c/ow and c/ow to ow/w.

In my case I decided to not reholder the book simply because an old label is more desirable to some collectors.

I have little doubt that this book is a white pager through and through.

R.

In my experience (and in the case of many board members) CGC was very strict on page quality on old label books, so that many old label books that have been reholdered (or regraded) have received a bump in page quality...I have seen books go from cream to c/ow and c/ow to ow/w.

In my case I decided to not reholder the book simply because an old label is more desirable to some collectors.

R.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for explaining.

R.

On a re-sub, do you think CGC would assign this book "super shiny-white pages"?

R.

only if nik submitted it (thumbs u

How bout a BC scan Roy?, cept take the photo in a nicer location. Was that taken while you visited the Tombs or what?

:blush:

R.

If super shiny, happy people were to grade it, yes.

:kidaround:

Beautiful book Roy. Good luck with the sale.

I'm still shocked at the prices this book is generating.

What do you think a 9.4 would sell for?

Or a 9.6? :wishluck: