• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which artists don't sell their art?

50 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find Jimmie Robinson (Bomb Queen) artwork without success. Then a friend told me that Jimmie doesn't sell originals. At least, not yet.

I was also told that Jo Chen doesn't sell her original artwork. Jim Balent, too, but inker pages are out there if you collect CATWOMAN.

Are there other artists not selling their artwork? Does anyoe know of a reason why they wouldn't want to sell their artwork?

But which artists don't have any of their OA out there?

I've seen Kubert/Kubert/Kubert, Simonson, Johnson, Balent, Sim, Jones originals offered (although not cheaply, possibly in part because of scarcity)....

Sergio Aragones doesn't sell his originals. I don't think Tone Rodriguez (Violent Messiahs, Snake Plissken) is selling. Frank Cho still has all of the Liberty Meadows stuff.

Don't forget too that even if some artists (pencillers) won't sell their art, the inkers will.

I do know of a case on an inker who won't sell a penciller's art b/c that penciller doesn't sell his art (the inker sells art he inks from other pencillers)

Malvin

I think Mark Schultz , of Cadilacs and Dinosaurs falls into this category...and what about Cho....don't see much of his stuff available. I would love a page from either of those two.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ever wonder why there aren't many Bissette & Totleben

Swamp Thing pages available?

Given the prolific run from ST #16-64

You might find this link's explanation interesting:

http://albert.nickerson.tripod.com/creatorsbillofrightsbist6.html

****Rick Veitch also assisted (uncredited) on many issues to help meet deadlines.

All 3 are 1st year graduates of the Joe Kubert Comic Artist Academy.

Kind of the "Artists Studio" of the 80's.

I think Mark Schultz , of Cadilacs and Dinosaurs falls into this category...-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You can find Mark Schultz originals out there -- prelims, covers, although I haven't seen any panel pages -- but be prepared to spend.

The gorgeous stuff that you really want starts in the high four figures and goes up from there.

Ever wonder why there aren't many Bissette & Totleben

Swamp Thing pages available?

Given the prolific run from ST #16-64

You might find this link's explanation interesting:

http://albert.nickerson.tripod.com/creatorsbillofrightsbist6.html

Thanks for the link. Interesting, indeed.

I dont think Eric Larsen sells his art

Albert Moy sells Eric's artwork and has a decent inventory of the stuff.

It has been said that a house fire burned many originals which would explain the lack of material.