• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The boy with the most comics in America....Supersnipe Lives On
2 2

105 posts in this topic

I started collecting Supersnipe after I read an article about him in All in Color for a Dime or the Comic Book. I think Don Thompson's book had a reproduction of one of the covers. I have found those early covers are difficult to find but I have bought some later copies that are fun. I picked up this scarce copy of V2#1 when I was attending a convention in San Francisco. Comic Relief was the shop I think. The rest of the copies were picked up from a dealer in Michigan. He offered me some pretty good deals for the Shadow, Doc and Supersnipe.

1927144454_fc9f8730f2_b.jpg

1926318015_8671dc75a0_b.jpg

2791371966_576966ebbc_b.jpg2825331134_1ec5a2dfa9_o.jpg

I don't have this one but still looking.

2848706566_5bc3306b9d_b.jpg

I started collecting Supersnipe after I read an article about him in All in Color for a Dime or the Comic Book. I think Don Thompson's book had a reproduction of one of the covers. I have found those early covers are difficult to find but I have bought some later copies that are fun. I picked up this scarce copy of V2#1 when I was attending a convention in San Francisco. Comic Relief was the shop I think. The rest of the copies were picked up from a dealer in Michigan. He offered me some pretty good deals for the Shadow, Doc and Supersnipe.

2825331134_1ec5a2dfa9_o.jpg

I don't have this one but still looking.

2848706566_5bc3306b9d_b.jpg

It is great to see all these fun covers. Keep 'em coming.

Awesome collection, Collin!

Was Marcoux the only creator that worked on Supersnipe? He wrote and illustrated every appearance?

The black cover on Vol. 2 # 7 is awesome, and I really like the haunted house cover, too. Never saw those before.

I predict that you will have an original Marcoux illustration someday..... if there is justice in this world!

Super Cool :golfclap:

Now that's something else I have to start collecting. Damn you :frustrated:

That wasn't my intent, but I don't blame you...It's been a fun run of books and there are some that are hard to come by. :lol: enjoy

Awesome collection, Collin!

Was Marcoux the only creator that worked on Supersnipe? He wrote and illustrated every appearance?

The black cover on Vol. 2 # 7 is awesome, and I really like the haunted house cover, too. Never saw those before.

I predict that you will have an original Marcoux illustration someday..... if there is justice in this world!

One can only hope.

I'd say all but one cover of the supersnipe run is by marcoux. I believe V4#8 was a stand in artist as the art is cruder and obviously different. Interiors are mainly marcoux, but the techniques used do change in later issues with various shading techniques. At least one story was drawn by a different artist in V4#8 also.

Great stuff Colin!

I've been waiting to see a scan of your 8 - looks fantastic!

Thanks, that's the cover that got me hooked and it took me many years to find that first copy. I bought it through the cbg after looking for 5 years. I think I've had this copy for around 20 years now. I'm a bit of a hoarder on that issue as I have another reasonably high grade copy and the lower grade reader copy that I bought from you..... Thx

Happy to share.

These images are of original works that I do not own, but believe are wonderful pieces. The page art was captured from and Ebay Auction, and I do not recall who owns the supersnipe image, but I'll apologize in advance for sharing, but I'd rather ask for forgiveness than to not share such a wonderful piece.

79883.jpg.9cd49ee0d05854c4e25011e88e7b5f9c.jpg

79884.jpg.f5a84c3a772f2ef0870be39250c6bbab.jpg

What a great way to start the morning, thanks for posting!

Terrific Hembeck too.

Everyone should have a Hembeck....Glad you enjoyed the show. I'll have to decide if I want to spend as much time with other titles that I've labored over in obscurity for years.

very cool. thanks for posting. so many covers I've never seen. it's nice to see some more obscure stuff rather than just your reg golden age heros.

Supersnipe is mainstream :sumo::insane:

Poster: comicdey

Subject: Re: The boy with the most comics in America....Supersnipe Lives On[/Quote]

Glad to meet you. "I'm the kid with all the comics" according to my hometown newspaper back in the 60's.

BTW, Nice collection of books.

Poster: comicdey

Subject: Re: The boy with the most comics in America....Supersnipe Lives On[/Quote]

Glad to meet you. "I'm the kid with all the comics" according to my hometown newspaper back in the 60's.

BTW, Nice collection of books.

Excellent, post the newspaper article. (worship)