• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star Comics 3 or Detective Comics 38

57 posts in this topic

Tec 38 as AS 3 has no real significance where as Tec 38 is a far more important comic to me--was always a fan of Robin when I was a kid.

Isn't AS #3 recognised as the first team-up book?

Key modifier there. Trust me, if you asked me which book had more importance in the history of comics, I'd say AS 3 is a much, much stronger book (not that Tec 38 isn't but you get my point). I just never had any love for DC characters outside of Batman and Robin (with the occasional point scored by Supes now and then).

Tec 38 as AS 3 has no real significance where as Tec 38 is a far more important comic to me--was always a fan of Robin when I was a kid.

Isn't AS #3 recognised as the first team-up book?

Key modifier there. Trust me, if you asked me which book had more importance in the history of comics, I'd say AS 3 is a much, much stronger book (not that Tec 38 isn't but you get my point). I just never had any love for DC characters outside of Batman and Robin (with the occasional point scored by Supes now and then).

(thumbs u

Oh I don't know probably because he pre-Robin Tec's were cool and edgy and cool then along came this fairy and from then on we had campy, smiling covers and that down hill slide went on for another 30 years. Why do you think the last two Batman movies have been such big hits?

Yeah, but it's not HIS fault! hahaha

hm may be the time to sell an AS#3?

To judge that, I would recommend rephrasing the 'which would you keep' question as which would you keep, AS3 vs. cash. My vote is cash lol

hm may be the time to sell an AS#3?

Thought you might have at least one copy lol

lol sadly only one - though it is a 9.4

:jokealert: its a 4.0

Interesting question. As a person who collects both it is a tough decision. I would love to own a Tec 38, I like Robin as a character. But my favorite superteam ever is the JSA. Also the JSA is iconic in that it is the first time a superhero team was formed, and has an "All-Star" lineup.

I would have to choose All-Star comics 3. :sumo: