• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star Comics 3 or Detective Comics 38

57 posts in this topic

Tec 38 as AS 3 has no real significance where as Tec 38 is a far more important comic to me--was always a fan of Robin when I was a kid.

All-Star 3 is one of the most important comics in the superhero history. It was the first team ever, which paved the way for the Justice League of America. Fantastic Four was created to compete with JLA. Now All-Star 3 has both importance in comics, and an impact to Marvel Comics..

Considering the magnitude of these two books, I have to say that neither has ever done that much for me. There are a ton of books in this price range that I would rather have. However, if I had to have one or the other, I'd go with the 'Tec

Price/value considerations aside, I'd prefer a Detective 38. First appearance of a significant character (even if he's hated here) and a really good story. None of the retcons and retellings of the first Robin story have ever topped that first one.

I agree with Sean.

I love both books, and have an AS 3 right now, so I need the Tec 38. It is a helluva book.

Considering the magnitude of these two books, I have to say that neither has ever done that much for me. There are a ton of books in this price range that I would rather have. However, if I had to have one or the other, I'd go with the 'Tec

my feelings exactly. not being a d.c. guy, i've never really had anything against robin as a character, tho' i love to tease ciorac about his relationship with the bat.

my feelings exactly. not being a d.c. guy, i've never really had anything against robin as a character, tho' i love to tease ciorac about his relationship with the bat.

:cloud9:

Hi all! Hope the holiday season finds you and your families well so far.

I'm having to bump this thread to find out what FMV those of you in the know would give an all star comics 3 in a 6-7 range in today's market. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-J.