• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who designed the sites Smilies?

50 posts in this topic

I love this one...describes so many cat fights that happen on these boards. :slapfight:

That's exactly why it was added. To make people look and laugh for a moment how challenging they are being with each other.

Credit to Bosco on Idea, Preach, Slapfight. His suggestions.

Might I suggest a thank you smilie?

Might make things more civil here... :baiting:

Best one I've ever found:

79967.gif.03e1c70b3dee949d5d77e95b23e1b3b2.gif

Credit to Bosco on Idea, Preach, Slapfight. His suggestions.

Might I suggest a thank you smilie?

Might make things more civil here... :baiting:

Best one I've ever found: 79967.gif

I like that one. It would get heavy usage by sellers after a purchase

I like these too: pillowfight.giftoetap.gifmypleasure.gifpray.gif

Generally, I chose the graemlins to represent emotions that are tough and/or tedious to get across in a textual format.

The idea of the images is to help people communicate the tone and intent often carried by gestures and facial expressions. Of course, lots of funny icons exist, but they aren't necessarily good fundamental communication blocks. They're more complex ideas/jokes. And the problem with supporting those is that you can end up with millions of them.

So pretty much, I keep the list to (mostly) fundamental emotional communication that can be used in lots and lots of contexts - and that you don't need to know the inside joke in order to understand.

:acclaim:

Architecht, did CGC create many of these smilies or were they just aquired from the web? If someone wanted to use any of the smilies in this forum would they be able to do so on another site? And if so what ones are limiting? (shrug)