• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who designed the sites Smilies?

50 posts in this topic

What program do you use to create a gif file?

Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady.

toiletnews.gifpirate-bee.gifbee-AF15.gifchromium-scratch1.gifcountclap.gif

flowersmiley-1.gif

I need to get hot on learning this. Maybe one day, we shall experience the marching CAL-bot as he preaches world domination-insanity. (shrug)

It may be sooner than you think. :gossip::insane:

What program do you use to create a gif file?

Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady.

Flee, I have Photoshop CS2, if I get hold of ImageReady reckon you could give me a few quick pointers?

In the Photoshop CS2 "File" pull down menu, "Edit in Image Ready" should be the 5th item. There's also step by step instructions on the interwebs to make animated gifs, if not in the Help folder. (thumbs u

• Administrator

Generally, I chose the graemlins to represent emotions that are tough and/or tedious to get across in a textual format.

The idea of the images is to help people communicate the tone and intent often carried by gestures and facial expressions. Of course, lots of funny icons exist, but they aren't necessarily good fundamental communication blocks. They're more complex ideas/jokes. And the problem with supporting those is that you can end up with millions of them.

So pretty much, I keep the list to (mostly) fundamental emotional communication that can be used in lots and lots of contexts - and that you don't need to know the inside joke in order to understand.

:acclaim:

sHa_reading.gif

Generally, I chose the graemlins to represent emotions that are tough and/or tedious to get across in a textual format.

(thumbs u

The idea of the images is to help people communicate the tone and intent often carried by gestures and facial expressions. Of course, lots of funny icons exist, but they aren't necessarily good fundamental communication blocks.

sFun_oldguy.gif

They're more complex ideas/jokes. And the problem with supporting those is that you can end up with millions of them.

smiley_uhhuh.gif

So pretty much, I keep the list to (mostly) fundamental emotional communication that can be used in lots and lots of contexts - and that you don't need to know the inside joke in order to understand.

:acclaim:

smiley_thumbsdown.gif

In the Photoshop CS2 "File" pull down menu, "Edit in Image Ready" should be the 5th item. There's also step by step instructions on the interwebs to make animated gifs, if not in the Help folder. (thumbs u

(worship)

I knew I'd seen ImageReady somewhere on my PC. Thanks DP, that's top stuff mate (thumbs u

Thanks as well Flee (worship)

(worship)

I knew I'd seen ImageReady somewhere on my PC. Thanks DP, that's top stuff mate (thumbs u

Thanks as well Flee (worship)

Grovel.jpg