• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic-Con International, July 22-26

197 posts in this topic

But you SS guys are pro's, able to accomplish the impossible, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. There is no maybe, there is no avail, if theres a will there is a way. Yes I'm begging. (worship)

Tom, you can do it now :baiting:

Matt Groening is pretty hard to get. I got one a couple of years ago he even did a sketch. But I know Jon Jespersen has tried the last 2 years at SDCC to no avail.

Kris is right, SDCC is not your average show to get signatures. Most of it is pulling a ticket out of a bag (and you line up for that), if you dont get the marked ticket, back of the line and this can last for hours. There is a reason Groening books go for a ton...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I got my picture taken with Matt Groening at San Diego in 2003 after the Simpsons panel. He was not signing any autographs, however.

Fast forward 3 years to the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con. I made an 8x10 print of the photo to take with me just in case I ran into him again. I was waiting in a short line to meet Sergio Aragones and Matt Groening walked up. I pulled out my 8x10 and approached him. Quickly there were several people crowded around him. I asked him if he could sign the photo, and he said, "No, I'm not signing anything right now, sorry". I replied, "That's OK, I understand. I just thought I would ask."

I started to walk away and return to the Sergio line (where my wife was holding my place) and I heard Groening call after me. He said, "I'll tell you what, I'll sign your photo on one condition: that you tell everyone else who asks me for an autograph 'Hell no!' I laughed and said, "You got a deal!" So he signed my photo and drew a quick Bart on it for me, and I thanked him profusely.

So that's my Groening story, not a SS comic but an item that I will always treasure nevertheless. I honestly think that he signed for me because it was a personal item that I wasn't going to sell. Here's the photo, although the signature and sketch don't show up very well in this scan. (They are much more visible in person.)

n1268185047_56980_886.jpg

I will be accepting a limited number of submissions. 50 to 60 books. The cost is

35.00 per modern

45.00 per economy

I will not be taking any submissions for Todd Mcfarlane, Frank Miller, Peter Jackson, or A list Hollywood celebrities or Sketch Request.

I will take up to 3 items for Matt Groening as he usually attends

I will take 2 items for Glenn Danzig as he usually attends

PM me for prices for these 2 guys.

If I have made agreements with anybody those still stand and do not apply to the above.

Kris

The reason I am not taking Mcfarlane is I gotta take care of the customers from January who have their books on hold.

I also have 3 Miller books on hold from NYCC 2008

Legendary Directors and A list celebrities are way to hard to get.

Sorry I have to put limits but I must.

Is there anything related to Peter Jackson in comic book form ? All I find are the original Lord of the Rings comic. (shrug)

King Kong?

halo? kind of. maybe? i agree with the fangoria and maybe another movie based magazine?

the dvd wrap from hot fuzz?

j