• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic-Con International, July 22-26

197 posts in this topic

Well, I'm there working directly for CGC to take in books for people who are actually going to the San Diego con... it isn't company policy to take subs for non-attendees, so we try to refer people on to those approved Witnesses that are going and taking subs. That's why we create these threads - to connect Witnesses with people who want to sub books.

San Diego is one of those shows that all pros go to, but access is not particularly great for the tough ones (like Stan, Groening, etc.) because there are so many signings going on, and the lines are long.

Ok, so who's going everyday at the Con if so please PM. I would like to obtain the Green Latern toys that will be distributed everyday. Each day will have Hal Jordan in a different costume. Prices hasn't been determined. So if anyone is interested in getting these for me I will appreciate it. :foryou:

Ok, so who's going everyday at the Con if so please PM. I would like to obtain the Green Latern toys that will be distributed everyday. Each day will have Hal Jordan in a different costume. Prices hasn't been determined. So if anyone is interested in getting these for me I will appreciate it. :foryou:

I wish I could have the same thing done, but I think getting exclusive products (not being there) will be even harder than getting your Kevin to witness your books and not being able to drop them off in person.

Luckily I was just giving Kevin a hard time. I've got an awesome witness who is going to be taking care of me already :gossip:

I would like to obtain the Green Latern toys that will be distributed everyday. Each day will have Hal Jordan in a different costume.

Where did you hear about this? I'm searching all over the net and can't find anything about this. It sounds REALLY interesting.

My job doesn't spoon after all :D

If I don't get them its cool but whoever does it's a sweet set

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/994/994259/sdcc-09-blackest-night-invades-comic-con-20090612105420651.jpg

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/994/994259/sdcc-09-blackest-night-invades-comic-con-20090612105505073.jpg

Here also the breakdown on the days they are offered

Wednesday (Preview Night) - July 22 - 6:00 pm Hal Jordan: Green Lantern - 3,000 pieces available

Thursday, July 23 - 10:00 am

Hal Jordan: Yellow Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Friday, July 24 - 10:00 am

Hal Jordan: Blue Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Saturday, July 25 - 10:00 am

Hal Jordan: Orange Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Sunday, July 26 - 10:00 am

Hal Jordan: Red Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Anyone know if Kevin Eastman will be attending this show? I know Peter Laid will be, and I've got a book I'd kinda like to send in :grin:

**Edit: I'm a dope! doh! I went right to the site but didn't even look to see he's the 6th person Kevin listed in this thread! lol **

Kris, I'll shoot you a PM as there are a few other sigs I was hoping to get as well. Besides, I think you indirectly got some SDCC sigs for me a year or two back when you were helping Jon if I remember correctly :foryou:

I'm not a fan, but I thought someone here might be....

Doctor Who’s Tennant, Davies at Comic-Con

The BBC America cable channel will host the tenth Doctor Who, David Tennant, and writer-executive producer Russell T. Davies at Comic-Con International: San Diego, July 22-26, 2009. They will take part in a Doctor Who panel along with executive producer Julie Gardner and director Euros Lyn on Sunday, July 26, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PDT.

“David will travel to Comic-Con, fresh from the Doctor Who set, having shot his final scenes as the tenth Time Lord. He and fellow panelists will discuss the latest incarnation of television’s longest running science fiction series and take questions from the floor. There will also be exclusive sneak peeks from the upcoming specials,” BBC America said in a press release.

The channel’s booth (#3629) will allow fans to capture their own photograph alongside part of the Doctor Who set, as well as purchase exclusive merchandise including David Tennant figures.

Additionally, just 48 hours after the last episode of Torchwood: Children of Earth airs, fans of the Doctor Who spin-off will be able to chat with the shows stars and creators including John Barrowman, Davies, Gardner and Lyn. This panel, also on Sunday, July 26, will run from 2:15 PM to 3:45 PM, and will also feature the channel’s new science fiction drama, Being Human.

The series The Mighty Boosh will also be represented at the show, and Underground Toys (booth #3949) will be selling their entire Doctor Who and Torchwood lines of toys and novelty items, including show exclusive figures.

Panel and Signing Schedule

Friday, July 24

3:30 PM - 4:30 PM – Signing: The Mighty Boosh, Autograph Area

4:45 PM - 5:45 PM – Panel: The Mighty Boosh, Room 6A

Creators and stars Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding along with actors Michael Fielding, Rich Fulcher and Dave Brown.

Saturday, July 25

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM – Signing: Being Human, BBC America booth (#3629)

Creator Toby Whithouse and actors Russell Tovey, Lenora Crichlow and Aidan Turner

7:30 PM -10:00 PM – Screening: Torchwood/Doctor Who, Room 6A

Key talent from both shows introduce the last episode of the five part series Torchwood: Children of Earth and an advance viewing of Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead, the first of four specials starring David Tennant.

Sunday, July 26

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM – Panel: Doctor Who, Ballroom 20

Actor David Tennant, writer-executive producer Russell T. Davies, director Euros Lyn and executive producer Julie Gardner

2:15 PM - 3:45 PM Panel: Being Human/Torchwood, Room 6BCF

Being Human creator Toby Whithouse and cast members Russell Tovey, Lenora Crichlow and Aidan Turner, Torchwood actor John Barrowman, creator-writer-executive producer Russell T. Davies, executive producer Julie Gardner and director Euros Lyn

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY NEED A WITNESS FOR THIS!!!!!!