• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic-Con International, July 22-26

197 posts in this topic

Plus, it looks like David Tennant isn't doing a signing, they are probably flying him in for Sunday only... Sounds to me like you'd have to hire someone willing to track him down to the furthest reaches of space... or the convention center.

If you want something from the Being Human or Mighty Boosh signings, that will be an easier job for a witness to accept. Not super easy, as the signings are prime time Friday and Saturday, and Dr. Who fans will be everywhere at that show.

Joel

For those of you going to San Diego, they just posted the list of exhibitors, and the following exhibitors (names mentioned below will be how they appear in the directory) should be of interest to folks here. Some clarifications follow the list:

EXHIBITORS

Aaron Lopresti/ Terry Dodson

Abstract Studios, Inc

Adam Hughes & Allison Sohn

Adult Swim

Angel Medina Art

Bill Plympton

Billsienkiewiczart.com

Broadsword Comics

Crusade Fine Arts, Ltd/ Billy Tucci

Dean Yeagle

Eric Powell

Heavy Metal

Higuera-Rodriguez-Wickline

Jill Thompson, Brian Wood, Cliff Chiang

Jim Calafiore/ Mike McKone

Jim Silke/ Hot Chocolate

Jose Lopez

Josh Howard

Leialoha

Linsner.com

Mark Texiera/ Mark Sparacio

Neal Adams Transcontinuity

NFR

Philip Tan/Jay Anacleto/Digital Art Tutorials

Ryan Benjamin/ Sean “Cheeks Galloway”

Sergio Aragones

Tara McPherson

The Blvd/ Studio 407

Tommy Castillo & Nigel Sade

Some clarifications:

NFR stands for Naked Fat Rave, home to Arthur Adams, J. Scott Campbell, Joyce Chin, Amanda Conner, Michael Golden, Dave Johnson, Phil Noto, Tim Sale, Bruce Timm, and Matt Wagner.

Higuera-Rodriguez-Wickline is where Tone Rodriguez & Dan Wickline will be.

The Blvd is a studio made up of Tommy Lee Edwards, Trevor Goring, Bernard Chang, Sean Chen, and John Paul Leon.

Leialoha is hopefully referring to Steve Leialoha.

Heavy Metal is where you should be able to find Kevin Eastman.

Broadsword Comics is where you should be able to find Jim Balent.

Abstract Studios is (hopefully) where you should be able to find Terry Moore.

Sorry, I didn't see booth numbers yet, but hopefully those will appear before the show starts. :) Enjoy!

Joel

Okay.. I need someone to witness two books for me. I will be out of the country for San Diego. Any witness willing to help please PM me. Two books, maybe three. That is all. :)

Well, the list gets better and better for San Diego. I keep reading all the different news articles coming out:

For those of you that didn't get Mark Hamill at WonderCon, you have another chance! The company that brought him to WonderCon is doing it again at San Diego. Friday/Saturday only, $100 per autograph, no discounts. I'm just happy because the same company is bringing Adam Baldwin (he's coming to promote Chuck) to sign and I can get my unsold Serenity comics signed. ($30 per signature, Thurs/Fri only) BSG fans, Ed Olmos is signing that weekend ($55 per sig) as well as Michael Hogan.

Seems Bruce Campbell is coming to promote Burn Notice. Not sure where/if he's signing anywhere. Given that he does comics through Dark Horse, I hope DH can snag him for an hour or two. :)

Robert Englund (Freddy) is coming to the show to promote an upcoming autobiography and some other stuff. Not sure where/if he's doing public signings.

My pile of books for this show is turning into multiple long boxes. Eek!

Joel

I just found this announcement via Twitter of all places: Looks like Dave McKean is coming to San Diego and will be at his art rep's booth, Allen Spiegel Fine Arts (4701-4705)

http://www.asfa.biz/information.html

Joel

ITEM: upcoming Allen Spiegel Fine Arts appearance.

San Diego Comic Con International

July 22-26, 2009

Tables 4701, 4703 and 4705

Appearances by Kent Williams, Dave McKean, Barron Storey and Scott Morse.

He is going to be there on Saturday at least:

Saturday:

-1pm Futurama, Ballroom 20, confirmed Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio and Maurice LaMarche

-1:45pm The Simpsons, Ballroom 20, confirmed Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman and Mike Anderson

Clive Barker is doing a signing at San Diego, Saturday morning, Autograph area, gotta show up early and pull tickets, but if you get a golden ticket, 2 items per person:

From 11am to 1pm on Saturday, July 25th, Clive Barker will be signing autographs for fans at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con. Ticket drawing for the signing begins at 9 am in the Autograph area of the Comic-Con convention floor. There is a two item maximum for the signing. Free BOOK OF BLOOD mini-posters will provided for fans who attend, while supplies last.

Oh, and a few of the Heroes cast (plus Tim Kring) are coming for a panel Saturday afternoon, the 25th, 3:15-4:15... at the Hilton next door! (Jack Coleman, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Zack Quinto, plus some guest stars including Ray Park!) I'm hoping at least 1 of them sticks around the show to, I dunno, sign some books! :)

Joel