• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic-Con International, July 22-26

197 posts in this topic

Jeff Smith is definitely at San Diego, Cartoon Books Booth #2109. He's doing a print with Terry Moore (RASL/Echo) and doing the pre-show ICV2 Comic Conference on Wed. the 22nd.

Mignola is floating during San Diego, but he's got 1 panel on Friday (12-1), and 2 panels on Saturday. (1230-130, and his Dark Horse panel, 4:30-5:30 in Room 4) I'm assuming he'll do at least 1 or 2 Dark Horse signings. Not sure where else he'll land but you know he'll be around. :)

Joel

I'm a witness,and I am going to SDCC.

Now,the caveot for me is, I have my own booth, in indy publisher pavillion.

Both #1907

Jot that down,sig series people.

I'm pretty much at my booth the whole show, allowing myself only a few trips away maybe twice a day for food, a few sigs but that's it.

Because the trip and booth is so costly, I can't afford to wander the show.

That being said, I know what it's like to try and get some s/s books, so if any boardies need a witness, I can limit myself to a couple per day.

That being said, if you can just help ME by agreeing to wait in the line, call me on my cell when you get close to the front, and I'll witness your book.

I have to limit myself, so please PM me first.

I can help out about 10 boardies, so let's try to organize it in a (oh, an orderly fashion).

I'll get with you on what you need, you fill out your paperwork with Kevin at the CGC booth. Come see me when it's time, and we'll get 'er done.

The people that I want to get s/s for are Marv Wolfman, Eastman & Laird, Sergio Argonies (sp?), McFarlane, Terry Moore, Jeff Smith (ha), Mignola, Doug Mench, Bill Sienciviecz (sp). And I undertand that Matt Groenig will be around, so any help you guys can give ME to putting my own smack down on these cats would rock. I've been trying to get Jeff Smith for almost 15 years now, and it's increasingly frustrating. And I just don't have the patience to wait in lines all day anymore.

So...ten boardies looking for some help...LMK....I am at booth 1907 all week, we'll set something up, we'll fill out the paperwork with Kevin and I'll witness your books.

PLEASE...don't throw 30, 50 books at me.

hey Rich!

sounds like a great idea! mutually beneficial :) (It is always good to have a SS witness like Rich on speed dial)

Congrats on the big booth setup and all!

ONE WEEK AWAY

How to prepare your books for submissions for the prestigious Signature Series at a show

We have prepared a list of steps you can take in advance if you plan to drop books off for Signature Series submission at the San Diego Comic Con International. Books that are prepared in advance make it out for signings faster than those that are dropped off in regular bags and boards that need to then be prepped as follows:

Step 1:

Take a mylar or a polybag (make sure you have a backing board inside so you don't cut all the way thru the bag or mylar).

Step 2:

Decide what part of the cover you want the book signed on. Take a sharpie marker and draw a box on the bag or mylar OR take masking tape and carefully make a box on the cover using the masking tape.

Step 3:

Take a box cutter / X-acto knife / utility blade and carefully cut the inner part of the square you made with the sharpie marker or with the masking tape.

Note: if using tape, please make sure that there is no sticky residue on the edges of the tape after you have cut out the signing area box or it will get on your book.

Step 4:

On the reverse side of the backing board please write the following:

1. Your name.

2. Your book title and issue number

3. The name of the creator you would like to sign the book – if more than one please write in ORDER OF PREFERENCE/PRIORITY – most desired #1

Step 5:

Place the comic into the bag or mylar with the signing area cut out.

Step 6:

Place the comic in the bag/mylar with the signing area cut out into a slightly larger bag or sleeve for safety during transport to the Witness or to the signing event

Thanks for reading!

A Note to San Diego Comic-Con attendees looking for doing SS books thru the CGC booth.

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES BOOTH AT SDCCI (BOOTH #902):

FULL SS SERVICE* vs. PROVIDING A WITNESS FOR SS**

* Full SS Service means you drop off the books and complete the paperwork, then we do everything - prep books (if not already done in advance), obtain the autographs and submit when done

** Providing a Witness means you line up and arrange with us for a Witness to come to the signing area and see you get the book signed.

While we have a team of Witnesses in place working directly out of the CGC Signature Series booth (coordinated by Jon Jesperson and myself) which will be working in congress with other independent Witnesses on the floor of Comic Con to do as many FULL SS SERVICE books that we can, there are simply some creators and celebrities we will NOT be able to do this for.

Also, you should note that we will be providing full SS service for MOST (but not all) comic book creators at the San Diego show.

In the case of most celebrity signings, as well as limited & ticketed signings, we will only be able to provide a Witness, but this must be worked out in ADVANCE so we can make sure to have a Witness available for you.

As we have done at other events, if you wish to arrange for a sketch cover with an artist, you can leave the book with the artist while they work on the sketch BUT IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES a Witness MUST be present when the book is picked up and the artist should SIGN the work in front of the Witness to verify they did the sketch at the event and it is their work.

Please visit us at the booth and consult with us about what we can do for you. As always, the EARLIER YOU SUBMIT YOUR BOOKS THE MORE LIKELY WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET THEM DONE FOR YOU. In some cases, we may have to introduce CUT-OFFS on certain creators for Full Service SS after Friday, July 24th.

There is a good chance we will not be able to accept any new Full Service SS books for creators that do not have their own booths on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks,

Kevin Boyd

Signature Series Director

alright Ben is doing a panel and not in Artist Alley or at a book. Is this an impossible task?

is no one else interested in Ben Edlund?

CHIRP CHIRP

Sunday, July 26

11:45-12:45 Supernatural Screening and Q&A— Supernatural stars Misha Collins (24) and Jim Beaver (Deadwood), creator/executive producer Eric Kripke (Boogeyman), and executive producers Ben Edlund (Angel) and Sera Gamble (Eyes) present an exclusive sneak peek at footage from the highly anticipated fifth season premiere of this thrill-ride series. They'll also answer questions and show a portion of the special features from the upcoming fourth season DVD release. Produced by Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supernatural airs Thursdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT on The CW, premiering September 10. Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def September 1. Room 6BCF

I would also like to add to what Kevin wrote...

if you allow me to touch your book before it is going off to get signed it will add a great amount of karma/good luck to the book. I am only offering this service in exchange for returned karma or drinks at the show...

Jon

Par2ach, Lebowski and Joel....I am getting two TICK books done for a buddy...if you boys want to send me your books, I will get them done.

HOWEVER...I am sure as shooting going to need a "line buddy" or two to help me pull this off.

Not kidding. Between that and Groenig, it's going to be nutty, but if we work together, we can get it done.

Dan Par2ach, I owe you, so shoot me your books, prep them and mail them to me at the hotel.

PM me boys, I'll get you my hotel info.

(and if anyone can get me a lead on my own TICK book, that would frickn rock)

alright Ben is doing a panel and not in Artist Alley or at a book. Is this an impossible task?

is no one else interested in Ben Edlund?

CHIRP CHIRP

Sunday, July 26

11:45-12:45 Supernatural Screening and Q&A— Supernatural stars Misha Collins (24) and Jim Beaver (Deadwood), creator/executive producer Eric Kripke (Boogeyman), and executive producers Ben Edlund (Angel) and Sera Gamble (Eyes) present an exclusive sneak peek at footage from the highly anticipated fifth season premiere of this thrill-ride series. They'll also answer questions and show a portion of the special features from the upcoming fourth season DVD release. Produced by Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supernatural airs Thursdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT on The CW, premiering September 10. Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def September 1. Room 6BCF

:hi: help me!

As it turns out, G. Willow Wilson and M.K. Perker will be at SDCC and I want to get a copy of AIR #1 RRP signed. Unfortunately, I doubt I will actually have the book in hand until early next week.

Also I would like to get a variant copy of Dark Horse's Creepy #1 signed by as many of the creators on site as possible.

Please PM me if you think you can help!

Is this thing on?

Testing......testing.....1...2....3.....