• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High 2 vs. Don Rosa - which pedigree gets the least respect?

Which pedigree gets the least respect in terms of getting higher prices?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Which pedigree gets the least respect in terms of getting higher prices?

38 posts in this topic

The bigger problem with the Don Rosa's that I can tell is that the Silver Age books aren't on the market yet...
Thats something I had not realised. But should have noticed. The collection I believe starts around 67? So I wonder who has those books?

I believe Rosa still has the Silver Age books, but last I heard he was in talks with Worldwide to sell them...

The bigger problem with the Don Rosa's that I can tell is that the Silver Age books aren't on the market yet...
Thats something I had not realised. But should have noticed. The collection I believe starts around 67? So I wonder who has those books?

I believe Rosa still has the Silver Age books, but last I heard he was in talks with Worldwide to sell them...

True story. There are actually tons of GA too.But the runs arent 'complete' untill 66 or there about. Its funny, i was at work today thinking of starting a thread about pedigrees myself basically asking what everyones fav was. I think mine is DR. And how cool is it that you can go to a dealers booth buy a DR book then go over th DRs booth and talk about it with him.

Clearly MH2 gets the least respect as a 'collection'... which was a warehouse find, right? :screwy:

Personally, I like Don Rosa books and have quite a few slabbed copies, but sadly only 2 of the matching certificates.

2c:grin:

... MH2 was a warehouse find, right? :screwy:
Basically, the MH2 designation was bought and paid for and is neither a pedigree nor a collection. It's a warehouse find.

Uh yeah, I see... now. Bought and paid for, interesting. meh

I value MH2 less than a normal copy. In fact i wouldnt take one if it was free. quite a sordid story accompanying that find, how it was accumulated and why it was for sale.

True story. There are actually tons of GA too.But the runs arent 'complete' untill 66 or there about. Its funny, i was at work today thinking of starting a thread about pedigrees myself basically asking what everyones fav was. I think mine is DR. And how cool is it that you can go to a dealers booth buy a DR book then go over th DRs booth and talk about it with him.
Yea you love Don Rosas so much that you are probably hoarding issues that I need..

I know worldwide just processed a bunch. But I already picked out what I wanted.. :shy:

My understanding is that this was a one-time shot for that particular submission / set of books, and that no new MH2 books will ever be slabbabbinated.

At first this seems unreasonable, but perhaps the reason would be that people would start mixing non-MH2 books with MH2 certificates. For example, I buy a Hulk 181 MH2 in 8.5 with it's MH2 certificate. The I take a that MH2 certificate, pair it with my raw Hulk 181 in 9.4 and send them both to CGC.

And presto, I now have a Hulk 181 from the MH2 collection in 9.4

This is probably the reason the MH2 designation was a one time thing.

You could do this with any of the peds/collections that came with a cert... hm

Jim

Yes, you could, except many of the golden age collections have certain marks on them the owner put there like the Church and Crippen copies.

My understanding is that this was a one-time shot for that particular submission / set of books, and that no new MH2 books will ever be slabbabbinated.

At first this seems unreasonable, but perhaps the reason would be that people would start mixing non-MH2 books with MH2 certificates. For example, I buy a Hulk 181 MH2 in 8.5 with it's MH2 certificate. The I take a that MH2 certificate, pair it with my raw Hulk 181 in 9.4 and send them both to CGC.

Jim

Yes, you could, except many of the golden age collections have certain marks on them the owner put there like the Church and Crippen copies.

Many of the peds have notations to prove if they are the real deal. There are alot of different factors. But I would not be surprised if there have been ways found around this already.

Jim

Many of the peds have notations to prove if they are the real deal. There are alot of different factors. But I would not be surprised if there have been ways found around this already.

And many do not. There's nothing stopping someone from switching Oaklands or Northlands for example as long as they have the cert or mylar...

Jim

Jim

And many do not. There's nothing stopping someone from switching Oaklands or Northlands for example as long as they have the cert or mylar...

Jim

I can see it as easy to do. But that is why I ask that CGC send me back the certs. I at least know that I ahve the copy and the cert..

cool i finally found out why MH2's i sent in were returned with no such markings.

I dont understand the stigma of MH2 - a large comic book collection is a large comic book collection - even if the owner did have ill intentions. I think the seedy way it came about is a cooler back story then Joe Schmo and his tomato boxes.

ah well to each his own.

cool i finally found out why MH2's i sent in were returned with no such markings.

I dont understand the stigma of MH2 - a large comic book collection is a large comic book collection - even if the owner did have ill intentions. I think the seedy way it came about is a cooler back story then Joe Schmo and his tomato boxes.

ah well to each his own.

put down the bong.

calling it a "collection" is like calling the contents of a bookstore liquidation a "collection."

Mile High 2 isn't a pedigree, so your point is moot, sadly

OK, correction .....

Which "indicator" on the CGC label gets the least respect?

"From the collection of Dallas Stephans" or

"From the collection of Nicholas Cage"

I would pay good extra money for a Cage book.

I would pay less for a MH2 than I would for an undistinguished book.

The Cage collection is fun and makes the book a talking point for people who aren't otherwise interested in comics. MH2 is irritating to have on the label - I'd rather get it regraded and lose the designation.

Mile High 2 isn't a pedigree, so your point is moot, sadly

OK, correction .....

Which "indicator" on the CGC label gets the least respect?

"From the collection of Dallas Stephans" or

"From the collection of Nicholas Cage"

I would pay good extra money for a Cage book.

I would pay less for a MH2 than I would for an undistinguished book.

The Cage collection is fun and makes the book a talking point for people who aren't otherwise interested in comics. MH2 is irritating to have on the label - I'd rather get it regraded and lose the designation.

Agreed. It almost makes the hobby legitimate to non collectors when you show them a book from the Cage collection.

I got a couple books from both collections and they were both priced fairly comparable to guide.

The Don Rosa collection is going to see a HUGE surge once they started releasing the SA stuff. I was discussing that this weekend. I cant wait!
After talkin with Don this weekend, im not so sure thats happening as soon as we had hoped.