• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con 2009

117 posts in this topic

Mike Grell and Mark Evanier added to the guest list today.

Is it just me, or does the guest list contain almost the exact same names as last year?

Doesn't every show have about the same guests each year?

Does anyone know if there will be any witnesses there since CGC won’t be? I would want to get some sketches graded but not sure if I will this year if I can’t get them graded. If not I will just work on the T-shirt I do each year. So if anyone knows any witnesses that will be there please reply.

HA HA

Well if they get back Joe Kubert and Alan Davis I can live with that scenario.

No kidding! We would love to have both Joe Kubert and Alan Davis back at Mid-Ohio-Con, but I think that last year's appearance may have been a once-in-a-decade phenomenon.

This year's "British Invasion" at Mid-Ohio-Con is Barry Kitson and we have high hopes of getting Dave Gibbons across for Mid-Ohio-Con 2010. We'll see.....

Last year at MidOhio, Joe Kubert did one sketch for the show that was sold for a charity. Each year I get a t-shirt done by many of the artist and writers. When I approached Mr. Kubert his handler step up quickly and informed me that he wasn’t doing any sketch at the show. I said that was find but could he sign the shirt as his signature is well known and highly sought after. Mr. Kubert took my shirt and signed it, I when to take it back and he looked it up and down then said “Just a second”, after which he handed it back with a Sgt. Rock on it. I was ecstatic. The rest of the week end other artist kept asking me how I got it. I loved it. Take a look. By the way the one sketch he did do for charity sold for over $600.

84154.jpg.35522a038157096096389b8aafad04c7.jpg

Your shirts rule the school! I love watching you getting all the artists. They get so fired up seeing all the different additions. Looking forward to seeing you again this year!

PS to the promoters: Contrary to popular belief, pirate is allowed within 500 feet of Barry Kitson. The restraining order expired last month. (thumbs u

Thanks, if you see me this year please intoduce yourself. I love to meet any board members attending. I did't get as many last year as the year before because I also worked on getting a Secret Invasion Jam cover done. Was told by the CGC member who helped me that it has the greatest number of artists of any SS they had ever done. I plan to do another with the 70th ann of Project Marvel this year.

84155.jpg.795157064ff74ab7568879764067a922.jpg

so with all the shows going on in the month of October -- I`m leaning towards possibly just driving up Friday afternoon and heading home on Saturday evening - what are any one elses plans

Mid-Ohio will be the only show that I attend for the rest of this year. I will be driving over on Friday evening and driving home on Sunday afternoon. (It's a five hour drive for me.)

I am bringing my nine-year-old daughter with me, my wife isn't making the trip this year.

so with all the shows going on in the month of October -- I`m leaning towards possibly just driving up Friday afternoon and heading home on Saturday evening - what are any one elses plans

Mid-Ohio will be the only show that I attend for the rest of this year. I will be driving over on Friday evening and driving home on Sunday afternoon. (It's a five hour drive for me.)

I am bringing my nine-year-old daughter with me, my wife isn't making the trip this year.

Tony I hope I see you at the little 1 day Champaign show Sep 27th. I recently picked up over 300 pre-code Horror comics. :baiting:

I'd like to visit the show Fri/Sat/Sun so I'm looking for anyone who's exhibiting at the show and has a pass I can snag. Or any leads on who I might contact!

I'm not a complete leech though, I offer some helping hands! I can help lug boxes during setup and teardown time, help setup displays, and can stop by to mind the table to give you a break, that sort of thing.

:popcorn: