• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wouldn't it be cool if the forums were optimized for the iPhone?

78 posts in this topic

Sooooo, I can't possibly go to sleep tonight... as Heady.. sorry, Headly Lamar would say "My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention"...

So what does one do? Well, tinker with the forum of course! :insane: I hate when I'm out and about that I have to constantly zoom in and out in mobile Safari on the iPhone, so I built a couple of page to pull the data from the forum and present it in an iPhone-friendly format. For your viewing pleasure fellow iPhonites, see below. It preserves quotes/replies, forum icons, etc. Still a couple of things to do to get it finalized. It loads faster than the forum pages and readability if better. Whadayathink?

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Now if only the UBB guys would build this in the first place I wouldn't need to muck around with all this rebuilding.. but I've never had any luck in the past getting any response from them on ANY issue. (shrug) Anyways, I think I'll put on Pathfinder and watch some early morning gratuitous violence (thumbs u

Sooooo, I can't possibly go to sleep tonight... as Heady.. sorry, Headly Lamar would say "My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention"

You use your mouth prettier than a $20 Ho.

slim_pickens-harvey_korman.jpg

Have you tried the mobile version instead of the full web version?
How is this done? I can sign on with my phone, but cant search. And the market reports are too small to read (havent adjusted text yet.)

Oh, and I love the service, dont change a thing. (except help my phone work with GPA) :shy:

Have you tried the mobile version instead of the full web version?
How is this done? I can sign on with my phone, but cant search. And the market reports are too small to read (havent adjusted text yet.)

Oh, and I love the service, dont change a thing. (except help my phone work with GPA) :shy:

For non-iPhones, you can use http://comics.gpanalysis.com/mob20

As long as your phone browser can do javascript and handle sessions then you're good to go. (thumbs u In some instances you may need to enable javascript on your phone first.

There's no red circle that goes round on our mobile site - no Ajax. Maybe your browser doesn't support the latest js/HTML standards. Unfortunately not all mobile browsers will work with javascript and web sessions.

Sooooo, I can't possibly go to sleep tonight... as Heady.. sorry, Headly Lamar would say "My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention"...

So what does one do? Well, tinker with the forum of course! :insane: I hate when I'm out and about that I have to constantly zoom in and out in mobile Safari on the iPhone, so I built a couple of page to pull the data from the forum and present it in an iPhone-friendly format. For your viewing pleasure fellow iPhonites, see below. It preserves quotes/replies, forum icons, etc. Still a couple of things to do to get it finalized. It loads faster than the forum pages and readability if better. Whadayathink?

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Now if only the UBB guys would build this in the first place I wouldn't need to muck around with all this rebuilding.. but I've never had any luck in the past getting any response from them on ANY issue. (shrug) Anyways, I think I'll put on Pathfinder and watch some early morning gratuitous violence (thumbs u

I like it. (thumbs u

Are you creating an application that we can download?