• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

220 Million dollar Jackpot..what would you do?

164 posts in this topic

I'm surprised nobody's quoted Office Space yet...

I believe you have my stapler.

I was thinking more of the main character's neighbor's response...

I know, I was being a smart aleck.

And you still have my stapler.

I'm surprised nobody's quoted Office Space yet...

I believe you have my stapler.

I was thinking more of the main character's neighbor's response...

I know, I was being a smart aleck.

And you still have my stapler.

mmmk

QUIT MY JOB! Then...

Buy a housein Western North Jersey, buy a condo in mid-town Manhattan, buy a brand new 2010 Ford Mustang GT 500, buy a 1967 Ford Mustang GT 350, buy a 1951 Mercury, drop it, chop it, and drive it real slow, then...

pay off all my bills, my friends bills, and share some of the wealth with all of them, then...

pay Jim Lee a massive amount of cash for private drawing lessons and work till I got good enough to work for Marvel!!!

Without thinking about it, first response, what would you buy or do immidiately after winnning. Don't think about it, just quickly write the FIRST thing that comes to mind...

Pay off my mortgage

Then

Quit my job

Pay off all other debt

Build my dream house on Cape Cod

Buy every high grade DC war and Richie Rich comic I could find.

Set up trust funds for my daughter and my nephews as well as my wife's nephews.

Give my dad enough money so that he could retire.

Give my mother in law enough money so that she could retire

Buy a house for my sister and bother in law.

Travel (A LOT)

In any order:

buy a beach house.

take care of the people who mean the most to me. :)

donate millions to a great cause or a church. (It's a shame if you wouldn't, 40 mil is more money then I would know what to do with, much less 220)

check the name, I'd be sitting ringside at almost every major boxing event. :headbang:

A certain individual hit all the numbers for the Florida powerball a few days ago, winning 220 million dollars in the process. Even after getting taxed is going to be a nice "chunka'change." Asked what he would do,his first response is that he would buy a horse.

Without thinking about it, first response, what would you buy or do immidiately after winnning. Don't think about it, just quickly write the FIRST thing that comes to mind...

I'd help my friends :angel: and destroy my enemies. :devil:

I would try to get myself fired from work... just for fun... if it doesn't work, just quit.

Pay off debts, buy house, travel tons, buy comics, help family...

sigh... this thread sucks...

Pack up the wife and kids and move off to some quiet, unknown location to figure out the rest of our lives.

plus, build a two story library/museum to house a massive science fiction/fantasy/horror/comic book collection.

quit job along with the wife , go to Disney World for 2 weeks after the 2 week vacation purchase a nice 3000-4000 square foot home in a nice area , make some donations to my sons school , church -- help out some family members ( notice i said some ) ,set aside a small portion for comic related stuff like opening a top of the line comics store and traveling to conventions- hire my best friend as my store manager/convention roadie - pay the tab for a couple of CGC dinners ( with open bar - of course ) but would mostly put it all in safe investments and live very very well off the interest and income from them ...

this too, pretty much to a tee, except change 1 friend to three.

I'd like to teach the world to sing

In perfect harmony

Grow apple trees and honey bees

And snow-white turtle doves

And then maybe pay off my mortgage.

10 million bucks or I ain't singin'. Then you'll have to change the lyric to "I tried to teach the world to sing, but one greedy a-hole ruined it". :insane:

Well, I'm really too old to take the "snort cocaine off a Vegas stripper's arse" route, so here goes:

Hire a really good tax attorney

Hire a really good investment counselor

Get an unlisted phone

Get all my investments in order, to pay mebbe something in the 6-7% return

Get all the insurance I'll ever need

Quit my day job. I'll be plenty busy buying and selling old comics.

Pay off a couple bills, buy a new truck, mebbe get a nice summer home

That's really about it. I'd make a boring rich guy, and I'd never make any of those specials you see about lotto winners that went broke in two years.

By the bye, NEVER NEVER NEVER take the cash payout! Taking half of the winnings when there are folks out there delighted to buy it at 75 percent? MADNESS! Seriously, there are folks that will cash you out for lots more than the lotto offers. Where else can you get a guaranteed 25% return on your dough while enriching someone by an extra 50 percent?

Now, for toys.

Every SA Marvel book in nice shape (Not perfect, I'm a reader) Every GA DC and Timely and MLJ and Nedor book in complete shape. I'd start with Superman titles and work my way through all the other fun stuff, a title at a time, reading them as I go. What fun!

Complete my set of Heinlein first editions in dust jacket, ditto my Modesty Blaise, Robert Parker, John D. MacDonald, etc etc

Original art. At least one Kirby, Ditko, Adams, etc. and I can't imagine what cool GA stuff I could find...

Hire a housekeeper. Three or four visits a week and my beloved and I will never have to wash a dish or do a load of laundry or change a bedsheet.

Travel. There's a LOT of the world I would like to see before I die.