• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Because Modern needs its own "OMG, look at this eBay price!" thread

555 posts in this topic

It's a ridiculous price, and the fact that it's signed just drops the price I'd be willing to pay for it personally. I've bought from 2Tone once or twice before, but they're in lala-land with that one. Plus I'm pretty sure there were 500 of those printed, not 200.

I will snigger quietely at Tony the next time he rings.

BTW, looks like you'll be able to get ASM #665 2Tone variants! :o

Hi Guys.

Just to let you know, The Batman 608 rrp is actually a consignment sale for one of our customers. unfortunately he wants a lot for it but he is obviously open to sensible offers, as per best offer on the listing .

The book is extra sharp and if slabbed would come back a qualified grade, this copy was signed at the Chicago retailer summit when the comics were handed out by DC.

we ended up with 2 copies both signed by Jim, who was attending the summit.

At that time there were figures of only 200 copies existing , but we have found out since that DC held some back and there are probably more like 500 in circulation. this will be amended in our listing.

whats a qualified grade ?..

It's given to a book with an unverified signature, or a defect like popped staple which is stupid. It's also known as the GLOD.

Hi Guys.

Just to let you know, The Batman 608 rrp is actually a consignment sale for one of our customers. unfortunately he wants a lot for it but he is obviously open to sensible offers, as per best offer on the listing .

The book is extra sharp and if slabbed would come back a qualified grade, this copy was signed at the Chicago retailer summit when the comics were handed out by DC.

At that time there were figures of only 200 copies existing , but we have found out since that DC held some back and there are probably more like 500 in circulation. this will be amended in our listing.

It is a book I would love to replace, selling my 9.4 is one of my biggest regrets. Unfortunately for the consignor his BIN price will probably scare potential buyers off without even contemplating a Best Offer. But it's his book and he can name whatever price he likes I suppose.

It's also surprising how many new members this thread has created. Welcome to the boards.

whats a qualified grade ?..

It's given to a book with an unverified signature, or a defect like popped staple which is stupid. It's also known as the GLOD.

(worship) Oh Ok I hear of glod before & know what that is ... Just not the other one :D

Hi Guys.

Didn't think it would be.

The Walking Dead #1 with rare white lettering sold for £310 on ebay over the weekend in the UK.

Got a link?

It was John who sold it. And he got back £1.12 less than he paid me for it. Hammer price was £398.88 (around $600 for our American buddies).

Is now the time to sell mine then hm

In hindsight, obviously not.

The Walking Dead #1 with rare white lettering sold for £310 on ebay over the weekend in the UK.

Got a link?

It was John who sold it. And he got back £1.12 less than he paid me for it. Hammer price was £398.88 (around $600 for our American buddies).

Is now the time to sell mine then hm

In hindsight, obviously not.

lol

Got another nasty PM from a longtime boardie telling me to NOT post my weekly market report here because it educates newbies & lurkers.

Suck it:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/--comicmarket-report--04-16-13-----What-s-selling-in-Lowell--MA.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=nrm7wsfwjco

I like it! Thanks, Larry. I think newbies and lurkers should go out and buy every book on the list and call me in the morning lol