• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Because Modern needs its own "OMG, look at this eBay price!" thread

555 posts in this topic

I dont even recognise this fanzine as being a 1st app. of Hellboy.

1. San Diego comic con comics#2

2.next men #21

I mean come on ,it's an Italian Fanzine for God sakes (shrug)

Well look at the 1st app of TMNT, they where only on the back cover of that comic & its through the roof. cant remember the name of the comic, opps. Im sure its a silly name.

I dont even recognise this fanzine as being a 1st app. of Hellboy.

1. San Diego comic con comics#2

2.next men #21

I mean come on ,it's an Italian Fanzine for God sakes (shrug)

Well look at the 1st app of TMNT, they where only on the back cover of that comic & its through the roof. cant remember the name of the comic, opps. Im sure its a silly name.

You're thinking about Gobbledygook. Nobody actually knows what CGC would label that book as seeing that CGC won't slab it. I have a feeling, though, that it wouldn't be labelled the 1st appearance of the turtles.

In regards to Dime Press 4, nobody considers that the 1st appearance of Hellboy either - but it does have the 1st Hellboy prototype by Mignola. SDCC #2 is the 1st appearance.

Didn't I read somewhere that Mignola described Dime Press 4 as the first appearance in an interview, presumably he gets the final say.

I don't think that anyone ever has the final say in the comic world. Every question is there to be endlessly debated to death. Personally I think it's a prototype but I'm no expert. Being a prototype doesn't make it any less worthwhile.

Didn't I read somewhere that Mignola described Dime Press 4 as the first appearance in an interview, presumably he gets the final say.

I know there is an eBay seller that posted a supposed quote from Mike Mignola that Dime Press 4 was the 1st appearance. He even went as far as to post this on Wiki, and the Hellboy forum to build up the hype. If you look at it without dollars involved, it makes sense:

Hellboy_origins1.jpg

Hellboy_origins2a.jpg

Hellboy_origins3a.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, I still want one of those GSLCC books. :cloud9:

I totally agree, Sean. It would be a neat collectible to have. Just nothing to do with the character.

I consider it to be the twinkle in Mignola's eye that one day became Hellboy, if you catch my drift. And I know you do because you are a dad. lol