• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did it come from Mile High, E-Bay or the boards?!?!?!?!?

which shipment came from which venue?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. which shipment came from which venue?

79 posts in this topic

A. Mile High. That's exactly how my 'Strange Sports Stories' #6 arrived, anyway.

B. Boardie. I've probably gotten 100 shipments from people here, and all but one looked like what you described here.

C. Ebay. No boardie I've ever dealt with was careless enough to not tape the bags closed, and Mile High tapes theirs. This sounds more like someone who wasn't really a comic book afficionado or dealer.

B came from Mile High (say what you want, I have never received a poorly packed Mile High order...overgraded, yes. Poorly packed? Never.), A came from eBay, and C came from board member (cause the word "boardie", like the word "roomie", sounds gay. And not the good gay, but the "Oh no you DIH-INT, three snaps around the world, grrrl don't TELL me you're going out in THAT thang!" gay.)

You gonna out the board member?

(of course, I could be wrong, and B was the board member, which would make the most sense...except in a thread like this.)

doesn't mile high use those cardboard mailers...I have never seen any bubble wrap on a mile high shipment (and yes, I have had to use them before to fill in gaps that diamond has screwed us up on )

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Bags + boards DO NOT cost 25 cents/pair. Lonestar can use old bags and boards, and even if they didn't, they use enough to get a huge bulk discount, so that bags/boards only cost the BUYER 10 cents or so each.

Ridiculous "25 cents per bag and board." Just another money grubbing scam.

doesn't mile high use those cardboard mailers...I have never seen any bubble wrap on a mile high shipment (and yes, I have had to use them before to fill in gaps that diamond has screwed us up on )

Most of the time, I order enough (when I order, hasn't been since 07) to get a box, but when I bought onesies and twosies, they were in cardboard sammich and flat rate priority envelope.

:)

Here is the answer to the mystery that was presented today

Shipment A came from an E-Bay transaction :censored:

Shipment B came from Mile High :o :o :o During Chuckie's INSANE 40% off codeword sell I took a gamble to get a bunch of run filling books on the cheap and it actually paid off :banana: I was actually surprised by the bubble wrap bundling the books because I had always heard they didn't use bubble wrap. But between 40% off and free Priority shipping, my gamble paid off. Which means I'll probably never buy thru them again....... once in a million baby, once in a million :insane:

Shipment C did indeed come from a board purchase :sorry:

Anyone that doesn't possess the fundamental motor skills to make a proper poll shouldn't be granted a license to complain about how their funnybooks were shipped to them. hm

:gossip: You have to pay a quarter per book for bagging and boarding of comics from Lone Star. It's an option you have to select before completing your order.

Which is absolutely ridiculous. Bags + boards DO NOT cost 25 cents/pair. Lonestar can use old bags and boards, and even if they didn't, they use enough to get a huge bulk discount, so that bags/boards only cost the BUYER 10 cents or so each.

Ridiculous "25 cents per bag and board." Just another money grubbing scam.

- The optional $0.25/comic to get comics bagged and boarded applies to comics less than $10. $10 and up are bagged and boarded automatically at no cost.

- The bags and boards used are new products, none are reused.

- Materials are not the only cost. There's also labor and shipping. The weight of one bag/board may not seem like much individually, but thousands of them add up.

$0.10 each (your estimate of the materials cost alone) is not trivial when you're selling a $1.49 comic. By offering bagging and boarding as an option, we give our customers the flexibility to choose the service/price combination that gives them what they want. More than two thirds of our repeat customers like our packing well enough that they don't choose the bagging option.

Anyone that doesn't possess the fundamental motor skills to make a proper poll shouldn't be granted a license to complain about how their funnybooks were shipped to them. hm

With a wife who is six months pregnant, at least the one proper poll my motor skills allowed me to create was a truly important one in the grand scheme of things :P

With a wife who is six months pregnant, at least the one proper poll my motor skills allowed me to create was a truly important one in the grand scheme of things :P

:signfunny: