• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

I just bought the last issue of Rawhide Kid to complete the set! Series ran from march 1955 to may of 1979. Ran from #1 to 151. :acclaim: It's not an easy set to put together! :cloud9:

And the last one I needed.....

Rawhide Kid #8 :headbang:

Wow! Incredible!

(worship)

You can justifiably sneer at Wolverine collectors now.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

I just bought the last issue of Rawhide Kid to complete the set! Series ran from march 1955 to may of 1979. Ran from #1 to 151. :acclaim: It's not an easy set to put together! :cloud9:

rawhidekid8_zpsa0d72c36.jpg[/img]

.....nice copy, too. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wow! Incredible!

(worship)

You can justifiably sneer at Wolverine collectors now.

:cool:

Thanks guys! I would never sneer at Wolverine collectors! I have everything up to a few years ago that Wolverine had put out too. lol It's a sickness I tell you. :sick:

rawhidekid8_zpsa0d72c36.jpg[/img]

Congrats Man!!! Now you have to start taking group shots to share w/ the rest of us

Very impressive. A group shot please

Thanks a lot guys. This was one of the harder set to put together. I had been working on this for years. Always a great feeling getting the last book you needed for the set. My collection is a nightmare....meaning its not in order at all. So a true group shot may be awhile out. I only have three graded books out of the run. So a mini group shot is the best I can do right now.

#5 11 and 16 :cloud9:

F0BCC71B-EF87-4966-AE80-6ECEC4A8DF99-12090-00001182944A9259_zpsd7f55e3e.jpg[/img]

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

lol

I can dig it. I don't have any computerized database, my want list is is handwritten in a notebook. One of these I should make some kind of inventory, be handy in case anything ever happened to me.

lol

I can dig it. I don't have any computerized database, my want list is is handwritten in a notebook. One of these I should make some kind of inventory, be handy in case anything ever happened to me.

I used to use 3 x little address books and carried them everywhere I went back in the day.

A few years ago, I typed the whole collection, wants and all onto excel spreadsheets and they were brilliant until my computer died and I lost everything.

I am back on the books and slowly relisting everything to excel but I havent much idea what I have from around the 1990s onward.

Or here is a completely different approach to this. I never saw anyone do this before. lol:acclaim:

FA60B1F1-5E97-4147-AFC4-5F8A9500F3C5-12090-00001184F1BCAD77_zpsbfdad2b7.jpg[/img]

30713AF1-D073-434F-B4F4-AC7282AB0EE9-12090-00001184F57272CC_zps94d5fa2e.jpg[/img]

Here's an example of my system:

th_TGKList_zps5980f141.jpg

Each # is color coded and updated as my comics come in. Gray means I need it, red means it's trash and needs upgraded, yellow means it needs upgraded, green means it's a very decent copy that I could live with and blue means it doesn't need to be upgraded or would be hard to find a better copy. When I buy a comic and it hasn't arrived yet, I turn the line for that number purple so I'll know not to buy another one. I take a snapshot of the page from my monitor onto my iphone to have an updated list on me on the go.

Or here is a completely different approach to this. I never saw anyone do this before. lol:acclaim:

I do something very similar to this.

-Ryan

I am sure a lot of people keep track of their stuff this way...I meant instead of a group shot I took a picture of my inventory notebook. lol