• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Picked these up on EBay. I guess westerns are pretty dead. 23 bucks each seems real cheap. Anyone like the 23 and are interested in one....a CGC 5.5 copy is on eBay going off in 30 minutes. (Not my book)

The lower grade stuff just doesen't seem to move. There is still some nice interest in higher grade and/or Pedigree books however, judging from some recent auctions. I have a few higher grade Kid Colt's coming up in the September ComicConnect Event auction and it should be a good barometer for where these books are at.

I would be interested in fine copy all day long for the issues I need. If you have any Kid Colts pre #84 keep me in mind! If you have any lower grade copies. I was really shocked I won the #49 for 23 bucks. Just figured it would have sold for more then that.

If I didn't already have 2 copies I would have bid higher :grin:

:foryou:(worship)

Ahhh so you're the one who snagged that RHK#17, I was the other 'offerer'. However your scan shows it so much whiter/nicer than the sellers one did!!

Wish I had of jumped on it now although the bottom staple popped is a shame. :(

I was just looking at some of the before and after pics of pressing that was done to some pedigree books and the amount of "shrinkage" that seems to take place when the cover seems to shrink back to towards the spine and expose the pages on the right. Is this just a bad press job or is it the norm when it comes to this practice?

I believe the Kid Colt lot that you were referring to, was the one that I sold. Clearing out a lot of my westerns. Many in the 70's and 80's. By the way, some seller just posted some large lots of gorgeous marvel westerns on ebay last night. all the key heavy hitters.

If that was the lot of the issues between 50 and 59....I wanted that sooooo bad! I would have had two dupes with that lot...but most of those comics are hard to find. If you have any other from the year 1959 below westerns from Marvel your looking to sell....let me know! The 102.23 bid was me. :cry:

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

I've got a few others that I might be moving soon, but I can't seem to figure out how to post photos on here yet. I've got nice mid-grade copies of 70,75,77,78,80 and 81.

I need most of those. I sent you a private message....it's a flashing letter on your screen near the top.

Anybody here have a lower grade copy of Rawhide Kid #1 or #3?

My father has been working on a run now for a few years and is down to those 2 issues so I'm trying to help him hunt them down. Please PM me if you have one or if you know any place I should look!