• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2024 at 3:30 PM, KirbyJack said:

I found a honey hole of westerns today. If I had any money, I would have done some serious damage.

IMG_2937.thumb.jpeg.53b3024be146bdf985bc9948475e3a63.jpeg

…and here’s one that I have been looking for an affordable copy of for years.

You get a huge sampling of Marvel artists in this one! Keller, Kirby, Ayers and a lil Ditko 5 pager to wrap it up! Seldom see Ditko western stories! :yeehaw:

Gunsmoke Western 66 Ditko splash.jpg

On 2/13/2024 at 9:22 PM, KirbyJack said:

Yes!

I read it first. It’s an amazing combination of cover and interior. I remembered the Kirby story, but had forgotten about Ditko’s. Good stuff.

Within the last 2 years or so, I got a collector friend interested in the Marvel westerns and he's been going wild buying them! There's just so much awesomeness in them and at a fraction of what the superhero comics cost!  (thumbsu  :yeehaw:  I'd previously gotten him to look back at the PHM books that he used to collect in the 90s and he's been buying them too!! It's even cooler when the two genres are blended! 

Kid Colt Outlaw 100.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw 107.jpg