• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey collectors Your First Ever Spidey Book

50 posts in this topic

It's hard not to remember your 1st !

ASM #136 - Goblin got me hooked I'm sure. Then I remember being in the oldest town in TX. where my Grandmother lived during Christmas and going to our favorite old,dusty corner convenience store , and hidden between all the DC drek , Machine-Man , Fire-Storm,etc. was ASM #144 w/ the Gwen clone. :cloud9:

Another time there was the cover that I had to pick up , -Batman #244 w/ his shirt off and sword thru his hairy chest. That one was always there for 15 years or so for me and my other 5 bro's and cousins(all male) to read.

Goes w/ out saying that one was never a candidate for CGC. mehlol

B~

I hate some of you.

I don`t. I wouldn`t trade youth for comics. :baiting:

The first issue of Amazing Spider-Man that I bought was #166 in a Whitman 3-pack.

My first was 169 and then I got the Whitman 3-pack with #166. :) Missed 170 but by 171 (Nova crossover) I was hooked and bought every one until about 220.

The first early one I ever got was #5, with about the worst spine roll ever.

Marc

124 was the first book off the stands. #100 was the first back issue I bought when I started collecting. Cost me a whopping 75 cents.

(worship) (worship)

The first for me, also !!! Still have it...all torn to shreds lol!!

Also have the spinner rack I got it from...

First Spidey back issue....several years later, I got the Morbius issues (101-102?) for a few dollars each...used my lunch money .

(thumbs u

Bump