• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Okay.. I just acquired two copies of issue # 2. Should be here sometime next week. I'm hoping they will be 9.6-9.8 I got them from Mile High Comics. I will do $15 each plus priority shipping.

Good luck with Mile high

Secondly all copies I have all have the wave on the side of the book so 9.6 possibly, but a 9.8 I seriuosly doubt.

Don't under grade your books. Send one in, and see what happens CGC doesn't count against printer's defects, unless it ruins the spine, which in this case, it hasn't.

Okay.. I just acquired two copies of issue # 2. Should be here sometime next week. I'm hoping they will be 9.6-9.8 I got them from Mile High Comics. I will do $15 each plus priority shipping.

Didn't I just send you a copy of that book for free and now you're selling them for $15?

That's interesting.

No, I'm not selling the copies that Board Members send me. I just got two from mile high comics, they're supposed to be "high grade" The ones that I get from board members are readers copy.

You have to trust me 100% on this. If you don't then I guess we could never trade books.

Plus I'm willing to trade two of my number 2's for a # 1 second print. Anyone?

Edited by LBJARM

I would be more than happy to send the copies back to the board members. I bought a few extra... :sorry:

And it's rude to judge. I even said I would trade both copies for a # 1 second print.

Edited by LBJARM

Well, yeah. It's pretty tacky to take free copies from people who were generous and then turn around and post that you are selling copies that you found marked up.

Okay I'm a little heated that this has turned on to a "forum" discussion:

First: The problem has been settled, and trust me, the favor is being returned 10 fold.

Second: Like stated before, and by all means I have no reason to lie. I made a pre-order with Mile High Comics. The order was not filled at the time of the request, so, just like everyone here, I thought the books were sold out and I made a request. The request was fullfiled by Reno McCoy. He knows how thankfull I am, and like I said, it will be returned.

Mile High was able to fill the order AFTER the fact, and my copy was already shipped by Reno. Yes, I should of told him something, or dropped a PM.

Third: This does not violate any Forum terms. Most of you have "bought" books, and turned around and sold on the For Sale Forum, somthing I did not do. I simply stated that I have some extra copies coming, and I would be willing to trade for a 2nd print variant, or I would take any offers if they would come my way.

This does not violate anything.

As far as the marked up.. go to E-Bay..then send a message to every seller who sold issue # 1 for $50 the same week, and issue two for $25 yesterday. File a paypal complaint.

This is and should be a dead issue.

Living in a modern suburban area stinks sometimes... by the time I got out to look, there were no copies of Chew #2 anywhere to be found.

How does the 2nd print #1 look for possible flippage? I will be at the stores Wednesday AM this coming week......

-slym (hey, this is how he is supporting himself right now...)

The logo is green instead of red. Not sure if you should make a trip just for that book though. The shops may not have ordered it and if they did order it, they may not receive any copies as apparently, it sold out and it sounds like not enough were made to cover orders.

Edited by 400yrs

Not sure if you should make a trip just for that book though. The shops may not have ordered it and if they did order it, they may not receive any copies as apparently, it sold out and it sounds like not enough were made to cover orders.

Luckily the closest shop is all of 5 minutes from my house.

-slym