• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

It's a funny take on "bird flu" , just gone to an extreme. It is theoretically possible, no?

It is/was theoretically possible for "mad cow" disease to wipe out our beef supply, yes?

:grin:

-slym (still hasn't read issue #2)

Also keep in mind that it's only on the 2nd issue. I'm sure there's a lot more to it then just simply deciding one day to outlaw poultry; I'm sure there are some deep seeded reasons as to what really was the cause here. I'm interested in seeing what chicken-conspiracy theory Layman has concocted.

From the article.

"For now, it looks like that very market will be a happy place for "Chew" if the book continues to perform as it has. "We increased the print run on 'Chew' #2, not just because the first issue sold out, but also because initial orders actually increased from #1 to #2. Orders have gone up again on #3, even more dramatically than they did on the second issue, so we're definitely going to be adjusting the print run accordingly," Stephenson confirmed. "Knowing John and knowing a bit about what he has in store for the book, I think 'Chew' has the potential to enjoy a really healthy run.""

I'm sorry - I read it and thought it was stupid. Just over the top stupid.

I agree 100%

What exactly made it more over the top than any other comic out there? Not trying to start a debate, just curious.

I really enjoy the book so far. I don't think it's over the top more than any other comic with super/paranormal abilities. I read the chicken Hamas more of a commentary on how our society overreacts to some threats and allows for too much government rule.

I agree I thought it was dumb too, but I also was able to look past my snoobish super hero tastes :preach: and realize this book is well crafted.

Its not my bag, but I can easily see why many like it. Its like the attraction to Walking Dead. I personally dont like it because the book doesnt offer much hope, but I can appreciate the character development, story arcs and just how well crafted the book is.

Edited by Fastballspecial

What happened with Walking Dead when if first came out? Just for comparison.

Was everyone talking about it right away? Or did it take a while for it to catch on?

:popcorn:

From my experiences, Walking Dead certainly wasn't hot right out of the gate....For instance, I bought my first CGC 9.8 copy of issue #1 around the time that Walking Dead issue #6 was on the shelves. The hammer price was only $40 :o

What happened with Walking Dead when if first came out? Just for comparison.

Was everyone talking about it right away? Or did it take a while for it to catch on?

:popcorn:

From my experiences, Walking Dead certainly wasn't hot right out of the gate....For instance, I bought my first CGC 9.8 copy of issue #1 around the time that Walking Dead issue #6 was on the shelves. The hammer price was only $40 :o

And thats what makes it worth more today. Probably wont happen with Chew as everyone is all over it right away.