• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

And the info on Savoy was cool, too.

I can see Savoy being an Hannibal Lecter-type character. Traveling around, lurking in the shadows. He's a cibopath and obviously enjoys eating given his large belly. And given his last encounter with Tony, possibly he enjoys eating people?

hm

I do love Hannibal Lecter so that would be great.

I have decided I need to expand my Chew collection again, so I'm looking for cgc'd 9.8s of some of the reprints (#2 2nd print, #3 2nd print, and also need a #4 1st print) if anyone has something they want to sell. I posted on the WTB board but thought I would mention it here too - let me know if that's not ok for some reason, I am still pretty new here and don't know what I'm doing half the time.

When would you like them?

People are insane. That's the only explanation. That and they have too much money on their hands.

I was contacted before they accepted the $1,150. I couldn't justify pulling the trigger. Here's hoping one of my copies come back 10.0 :wishluck:

How much do I owe you if mine does? :eek:

I suppose we would have to discuss (shrug) I'm sending in 6 so which is yours? :gossip:

:eek: I don't know :eek:

People are insane. That's the only explanation. That and they have too much money on their hands.

I was contacted before they accepted the $1,150. I couldn't justify pulling the trigger. Here's hoping one of my copies come back 10.0 :wishluck:

I suppose we would have to discuss (shrug) I'm sending in 6 so which is yours? :gossip:

I believe a 9.8 :gossip: If I end up with one 9.8 and 5 9.6's? You get a 9.8 :gossip: If I get 6 9.8's? You get a 9.8 :gossip: If I get 6 9.9's? You get a 9.9 :gossip: If I get 6 10.0's? You get my 9.9 with the 1st 10.0 option :gossip: And no it won't be $1,150 ;)

I can see Savoy being an Hannibal Lecter-type character. Traveling around, lurking in the shadows. He's a cibopath and obviously enjoys eating given his large belly. And given his last encounter with Tony, possibly he enjoys eating people?

hm

I have decided I need to expand my Chew collection again, so I'm looking for cgc'd 9.8s of some of the reprints (#2 2nd print, #3 2nd print, and also need a #4 1st print) if anyone has something they want to sell. I posted on the WTB board but thought I would mention it here too - let me know if that's not ok for some reason, I am still pretty new here and don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Hmmm, as soon as possible? PM me if you're serious :)

I believe a 9.8 :gossip: If I end up with one 9.8 and 5 9.6's? You get a 9.8 :gossip: If I get 6 9.8's? You get a 9.8 :gossip: If I get 6 9.9's? You get a 9.9 :gossip: If I get 6 10.0's? You get my 9.9 with the 1st 10.0 option :gossip: And no it won't be $1,150 ;)

(worship)

hm

Hmmm, as soon as possible? PM me if you're serious :)

PM sent

I just got my 9.8 1st print #1 in the mail today along with a raw 2nd print.

Happy to join the club and play a little catch up on reading.

My opinion on the 10.0 going for that much??? I can understand a "number" selling for that much, especially if the person buying it is rich. I am more than happy to have my graded 9.8 now. I'm not even a huge modern fan unless something gets buzz about being a good reader...like walking dead, chew, etc. As far as spending a grand, i'd rather grab a silver age key.

I just got my 9.8 1st print #1 in the mail today along with a raw 2nd print.

Happy to join the club and play a little catch up on reading.

My opinion on the 10.0 going for that much??? I can understand a "number" selling for that much, especially if the person buying it is rich. I am more than happy to have my graded 9.8 now. I'm not even a huge modern fan unless something gets buzz about being a good reader...like walking dead, chew, etc. As far as spending a grand, i'd rather grab a silver age key.

YAY! well i think it was a little too much but if i was rich i can see myself paying 1k for the 10.0. Im a modern nut so i would def see myself spending that much for a 10.0.

If I were rich I wouldn't blink at the price either. If I were super rich, I would make it a point to buy up every single copy of every comic I loved, just so I could be the only one to have them all. Isn't that awful? Ok, I probably wouldn't do that, let's hope I would be a better person than that....

Anyway congrats Danimal!

If I were rich I wouldn't blink at the price either. If I were super rich, I would make it a point to buy up every single copy of every comic I loved, just so I could be the only one to have them all. Isn't that awful? Ok, I probably wouldn't do that, let's hope I would be a better person than that....

Anyway congrats Danimal!

Guess who hooked him up? ;)

What was the print run on Chew #1? I heard 3,000 for 1st print. What are the chances out of that low a print run that there will be more than a few to reach a perfect 10 or just 1? If 3,000 is accurate I don't think 1k is too crazy. Might turn out to be the only one. Even though there are now 19 CGC 9.9s. I don't know how many out of 3,000 comics untouched right out of the diamond box would pass a 9.8 screening. Judging from my LCS comics out of the box every Wednesday I doubt a ratio any better than 1 in 20 or 30 would pass a 9.8 screening. I don't think this comic was hyped before or after the 1st issue hit the stands? I don't think it got popular until word of mouth spread. By the time word of mouth really got around, they were into a 2nd printing. Low print run + Nobody knowing the comic would be an instant success = unlikely there are a ton of CGC 10s out there. (shrug)

1) Danimal - Welcome to the Chew addiction :headbang:

2) If money were no object, I would own a ton of books and be taking a bunch of carp for how much I paid for them :)

3) You are most likely right about there being only one 10, but... :wishluck: here's to hoping one or two more hit.

4) There was a little bit of buzz about this title right before it came out. I know my shop was sold out when I got there. I think there was an explosion of buzz the day it came out, but I think it was more because of how difficult the book was to get and I think that made even more people go out looking for it. I'd be interested to know how many people have one of those 3000 first prints that even read it :shrug:

I know I did (thumbs u .... and was hooked!

Ya I heard that all the hype happened later. I had been out of my local shop for months before one of my brother's high school buddies I saw in the shop told me about it. Sometimes I feel so out of touch with finding new and good stuff to read so I usually ask local people I know for suggestions. This was one of them. When I searched around for it it had already sold out everywhere and I was too late. Finally got around to it and now it's a book of value already.

Most of the time the comics I read are graphic novels of stuff made throughout the years that I find at bookstores. There's a few classics I still need to read. So new stuff isn't always on my list besides a few things.

Chew reminds me that it's still good to keep my ear to the grindstone. I get so caught up in my back issue collection that I forget how much fun it is to anticipate new comic releases.

1) Danimal - Welcome to the Chew addiction :headbang:

2) If money were no object, I would own a ton of books and be taking a bunch of carp for how much I paid for them :)

3) You are most likely right about there being only one 10, but... :wishluck: here's to hoping one or two more hit.

4) There was a little bit of buzz about this title right before it came out. I know my shop was sold out when I got there. I think there was an explosion of buzz the day it came out, but I think it was more because of how difficult the book was to get and I think that made even more people go out looking for it. I'd be interested to know how many people have one of those 3000 first prints that even read it :shrug:

I know I did (thumbs u .... and was hooked!

I heard about it after the hype. First printings were long gone. Picked up one of the additional printings and was hooked. Buying them ever since. Great read. Always at the top of my stack to read when it comes out.

I had no idea it was even popular until after the 3rd issue came out, and I came back to play on these boards. Have just been ordering from DCBS and not doing anything else comic related at all. Was kind of neat to find out that something I'd ordered was actually liked by a lot of people. :)

I had no idea it was even popular until after the 3rd issue came out, and I came back to play on these boards. Have just been ordering from DCBS and not doing anything else comic related at all. Was kind of neat to find out that something I'd ordered was actually liked by a lot of people. :)

You must have a good eye for new comics that are going to be good reads. I would have never checked it out without the hype.

I was one of those people who simply read the preview in WD and thought it looked very cool. At the time I still only read WD so I really looked at the preview and liked the weirdness to the story. I did pick up one of the first editions at the time, and liked the story right away. I later had it submitted and got a 9.8 on it :) But alas, now that copy is gone, traded away to upgrade my WD #1. I still feel that attachment to anything I submit, I don't want to let it go.