• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

"If, like me, you avoided this book for whatever reason, go buy this issue and join me in hopping on the “Chew” bandwagon... better late than never, right?"

(thumbs u ;)

:banana:

It drips with WIN!

does anyone know what the actual run of the 1st printing was? the larry's world limited edition is supposedly limited to 1000 copies but sells for less than the 1st printing.

If I remember rightly the first print ran at 6,000 copies, with the second print at 3,000 copies.

The Larry's print will never fetch as much as the first print.

does anyone know what the actual run of the 1st printing was? the larry's world limited edition is supposedly limited to 1000 copies but sells for less than the 1st printing.

If I remember rightly the first print ran at 6,000 copies, with the second print at 3,000 copies.

:shy: It's the other way around - the 1st print was 3,000 copies, the 2nd print 6,000 copies.

You're right about the Larry's copy, though - you can see that with Invincible where the #1 Larry's variant doesn't fetch anywhere near what the regular #1 gets.

:shy: It's the other way around - the 1st print was 3,000 copies, the 2nd print 6,000 copies.

You're right about the Larry's copy, though - you can see that with Invincible where the #1 Larry's variant doesn't fetch anywhere near what the regular #1 gets.

Pretty sure you're wrong, I recall the 2nd print was less than the first, that's why I picked up a couple copies.

Pretty sure you're wrong, I recall the 2nd print was less than the first, that's why I picked up a couple copies.

From Image Comics:

CHEW, the all-new crime series with a cannibalistic twist by writer John Layman and illustrator Rob Guillory, experienced yet another sell out on all issues despite the largest overprint on the series yet. More reprints are on the way, though: The second and third issues will each return for one final, "Last Bite" edition.

"I'm extremely thankful to all the fans and retailers, but I can't say I ever saw this coming," Layman said. "Even though we up the print run considerably every time we do a reprint, we just keep selling out in no time flat. That kind of support for such an odd book is hard to come by. Rob and I highly appreciate the overwhelming enthusiasm."

I could have sworn the second print was lower than the first hm

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I'll be buggered if I'm reading through it all again just to find out!

I could have sworn the second print was lower than the first hm

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I'll be buggered if I'm reading through it all again just to find out!

:gossip: Gav, Michael's got you on this one. 1st print was a little over 3K. Second was around 7K.

I stand corrected :foryou:

July shows Chew #2 selling over 6,700.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2009/2009-07.html

That would be the same month as Chew #1 2nd print, which doesn't show up in the list since it apparently didn't break the top 300. Therefore, it would appear as if the 2nd print run WAS around 3,000 or so.

July shows Chew #2 selling over 6,700.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2009/2009-07.html

That would be the same month as Chew #1 2nd print, which doesn't show up in the list since it apparently didn't break the top 300. Therefore, it would appear as if the 2nd print run WAS around 3,000 or so.

I'm sure it was. It ran at about half of what the first print did.

If you recall, the second print of #1 had what seemed like a staggard release across the country (US) for some reason. Most shops didn't get it the week it was solicited to come out although some did. Other stores including those around me received huge numbers of copies over the following two weeks of #2.

wasn't the print run for #1 2nd 1/3 less than the 1st print? In theary, would that make the 2nd rare?

Yep, you've mentioned that a couple of times already in this thread :makepoint:

In the vast majority of cases, when it comes to later printings, rare (eg. lower print run) does not equal desirable. Feel free to bring up the Batman 608 2nd print again, but that's the exception, not the rule.

wasn't the print run for #1 2nd 1/3 less than the 1st print? In theary, would that make the 2nd rare?

Yep, you've mentioned that a couple of times already in this thread :makepoint:

In the vast majority of cases, when it comes to later printings, rare (eg. lower print run) does not equal desirable. Feel free to bring up the Batman 608 2nd print again, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Do you want your stuff? :baiting: