• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

The Larry's is a later printing. It was not released at the same time as the regular #1. The Registry lists it as "Chew #1 limited edition" but it's basically just a glorified reprint. Only with a B&W cover and a doofy logo on the front. :P

i thought it was still considered a 1st print variant and not a later print?

Shouldn't a first print variant be printed and solicited at the same time as the first print?

i suppose, the only thing about it though, is look at avatar press and the variant covers that come out later than the regular versions and still being sold as 1st prints....

The Larry's is a later printing. It was not released at the same time as the regular #1. The Registry lists it as "Chew #1 limited edition" but it's basically just a glorified reprint. Only with a B&W cover and a doofy logo on the front. :P

Shouldn't a first print variant be printed and solicited at the same time as the first print?

Shouldn't it really be called a retailer incentive variant? :baiting:

Oh don't get into the semantics of variants :cry:

Actually no, because this was not a variant available to all retailers for ordering certain amounts of the regular version. But I know you were just :baiting: with me on that one.

It is an exclusive Variant... no different than Graham Crackers or NewComicsDimension. or Dynamic Forces

Ahhhh, but should it be considered a "first print?" Huh? Huh? :baiting:

No, the two Locke & Key #1 DF variants came out 4-5 months after the first print Locke & Key #1. These were made with high print runs to capitalize on it's popularity and helped sink #1 first print's actual worth. I consider them third and fourth prints, that came after the actual second print :sumo:.

It is an exclusive Variant... no different than Graham Crackers or NewComicsDimension. or Dynamic Forces

Ahhhh, but should it be considered a "first print?" Huh? Huh? :baiting:

No, the two Locke & Key #1 DF variants came out 4-5 months after the first print Locke & Key #1. These were made with high print runs to capitalize on it's popularity and helped sink #1 first print's actual worth. I consider them third and fourth prints, that came after the actual second print :sumo:.

:sumo:

Larry's was a fifth (or was it fourth?) print.

I would want first prints, thanks.

I prefer raw copies as I want to read them.

Are you bothered which printings? I may have some dupes of the later prints.

Second, third and fourth prints are much harder to find these days. Could this mean they will become valuable? I should say for at least issue 2 that is... Second and third print was hard for me to find in HIGH GRADE anyhow..

Edited by bcruze

I would want first prints, thanks.

I prefer raw copies as I want to read them.

Are you bothered which printings? I may have some dupes of the later prints.

Second, third and fourth prints are much harder to find these days. Could this mean they will become valuable?

It depends on the longevity of the title and if collectors are going to be completists.

I'm officially banned from ever buying comics from the web site mycomicshop, The owner told me over the phone that mycomicshop is the biggest in the world.. I told him that the people who packed the books needed to be fired..

I offered to pay extra money for a 9.8 condition book, He said we dont offer that here. I said in other words you basically know you dont have a nice copy in stock.. I had placed an order of CHEW books and not one was in even close 9.0 condition when I recieved them...

If anybody wants these for free pm me... you pay shipping! I will send you about 20 chew books for free.. Otherwise they hit the shredder tomorrow.