• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Seems there's a lot of refocusing going on lately...

So many confused collectors (shrug) Said the guy who just agreed to buy his 1st OA. :gossip:

I'd like to think of it (in my case anyway) less in terms of confusion, and more in terms of unburdening myself. I'm not taking on new titles to collect or changing the sort of artwork I buy, I'm just lessening the "weight."

And the bucket list is still being filled out, but I can tell you one item that I'm looking forward to: skydiving! :D

dont go killing yourself now

Just figured I'd start really living, brother. :wink:

So many confused collectors (shrug) Said the guy who just agreed to buy his 1st OA. :gossip:

I'd like to think of it (in my case anyway) less in terms of confusion, and more in terms of unburdening myself. I'm not taking on new titles to collect or changing the sort of artwork I buy, I'm just lessening the "weight."

And the bucket list is still being filled out, but I can tell you one item that I'm looking forward to: skydiving! :D

Quit that "living" right now TJ, you're making the rest of us look bad! We like living vicariously through our comics, don't you know that?

I thought you had to be at least 30 to start having a bucket list...

Rob Guillory is a man of genius. From his twitter...

"Ya know, I just realized that so many of the problems of the comic industry would be solved if the companies actually respected the readers."

"There'd be no late books. Creators would hold themselves to a higher standard, instead of just shining up a turd of a lackluster product. "

Chew #8 was GREAT stuff :headbang:

I loved Tony snapping and going berserk. I think it was a great character moment for him. So far in the series, he's kind of come off as somewhat of a weakling. He was always protected by Savoy or his other partners. The scene in the jail cell showed he really can whoop some azz!!!

Can ask you guys how much I would look to pay for a blue label 'Art of Chew nn' 9.6/9.8' I looked on GPA but they only seem to have SS

Scrap that question I just looked in the registry and there aren't any. Maybe I will have to try for an SS copy (thumbs u

Edited by gaz2810i

Can ask you guys how much I would look to pay for a blue label 'Art of Chew nn' 9.6/9.8' I looked on GPA but they only seem to have SS

Scrap that question I just looked in the registry and there aren't any. Maybe I will have to try for an SS copy (thumbs u

I have an SS copy for sale in my sales thread. :baiting:

It's even 10% off right now. :D

"Ya know, I just realized that so many of the problems of the comic industry would be solved if the companies actually respected the readers."

"There'd be no late books. Creators would hold themselves to a higher standard, instead of just shining up a turd of a lackluster product. "

Yup, yup, yup!

Chew #8 was GREAT stuff :headbang:

I loved Tony snapping and going berserk. I think it was a great character moment for him. So far in the series, he's kind of come off as somewhat of a weakling. He was always protected by Savoy or his other partners. The scene in the jail cell showed he really can whoop some azz!!!

I agree there, it was awesome seeing him whip those big dudes! :headbang:

If the big two could apply that logic then there'd be a lot less titles and the ones that were left would be awesome.

I need to give a shout out to bcruze/Bobby for the awesome freebies he just threw my way - lots of Chew, WD 61, Goon, and assorted cool books.

Thanks Bobby, you're the best!

Gaz - Good luck with your Art of Chew hunt. If I were you I would take Lebowski's - at this point I think they've got to mostly all be in the hands of collectors. There was a Larry's Art of Chew version, I'm getting my SS 9.8 copy shortly from GACollectibles, you might PM him and see if he has anything left. It was a very reasonable price too, I thought ;)

I need to give a shout out to bcruze/Bobby for the awesome freebies he just threw my way - lots of Chew, WD 61, Goon, and assorted cool books.

Thanks Bobby, you're the best!

Gaz - Good luck with your Art of Chew hunt. If I were you I would take Lebowski's - at this point I think they've got to mostly all be in the hands of collectors. There was a Larry's Art of Chew version, I'm getting my SS 9.8 copy shortly from GACollectibles, you might PM him and see if he has anything left. It was a very reasonable price too, I thought ;)

Took your advice Kathryn and did a deal with TJ :banana: whats the deal with the Larry's edition? how many copies? differences ect and how much would I expect to pay (although I am now on a self/wife imposed buying ban till Easter) for one?