• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

They're in pre-production?!? So they're taking the Showtime material & moving forward?

Nope. The Showtime stuff is 100% dead, and it's better that way. The animation will be a direct adaptation of the comic, and possibly a live action adaptation will follow.

Kudos to you and John for sticking to your guns and insisting on artistic integrity over the quick bucks. Honestly, I'm not a huge Chew fan, it's just not my bag, but I have a huge level of respect for you guys. In a world where people are sacrificing their children in order to obtain media fame and fortune, it's refreshing to see that some people are committed to keeping the story consistent with what made it successful in the first place at the expense of a huge media deal (worship)

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but there has been a long discussion on motion comics in the Heating up thread about PP. Everyone is saying that motion comics mean nothing and they are nothing to get excited about(in other words, nobody cares about them and it will do nothing for the book)........and here everyone is jumping for joy......so we can't have it both ways......which one is it??

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but there has been a long discussion on motion comics in the Heating up thread about PP. Everyone is saying that motion comics mean nothing and they are nothing to get excited about(in other words, nobody cares about them and it will do nothing for the book)........and here everyone is jumping for joy......so we can't have it both ways......which one is it??

They don't mean anything. What's good here is that Chew has been optioned again rather than being completely dead as far as tv goes. The motion comic is only good as a way to sell it to a network, which is what is happening here.

The speculators and "investors" are commenting in the heating up thread while the comments here are fans of the book. The difference is one thread talks about making money while this thread is more concerned with seeing the story in another medium. (thumbs u

The speculators and "investors" are commenting in the heating up thread while the comments here are fans of the book. The difference is one thread talks about making money while this thread is more concerned with seeing the story in another medium. (thumbs u

I can agree with that for sure.......darn people looking to make money :devil:

They don't mean anything. What's good here is that Chew has been optioned again rather than being completely dead as far as tv goes. The motion comic is only good as a way to sell it to a network, which is what is happening here.

The article says "animated adaptation" for Chew - not motion comic.

But, yes, motion comics suck - I, on the other hand, can't wait to see a Chew animated show :banana:

This place is fun to watch at times, you can always tell who has stock in certain books. Too funny.

I think you just think there's some kind of vendetta against PP. A motion comic has little interest whether it's PP or Chew or anything else. An animated show is different hence the new hype for this and for Todd. The only thing that's carrying PP is the actual tv show, not the motion comic.

My point is you're trying to say people are saying PP motion comic = no interest, Chew motion comic = lots of interest, which is untrue. No one is saying that. People are saying motion comics = no interest, no matter what the comic. And the Chew animation isn't even a motion comic.