• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

i see me and you think the same doug, by the way i saw you bought a page also i haven't had a chance to read the book yet as it's been sitting on my desk.

128256.jpg.6785455ee3bc3b30cf4ffa1854305a3c.jpg

Very nice!

I did buy my Poyo pages without reading the book first..it was strange to see the whole issue in OA before reading the story.

Read the story on the way home from SDCC...it is awesome!

And they reused my "this is Poyo page from issue 18 on the inside front cover :)

One of my friends got back from the SDCC yesterday & he talked to Layman & Guillory about Poyo. Layman said that they do intend to do at least 2 more 1-shots of Poyo, which would then lead into... SON of Poyo!!!!!!!!!

Don't know the time-line of the 1-shots, but probably one per year.

I'm pretty sure I was standing there when it was mentioned (might not have been your friend but he was telling someone about it). There are 2 more one shots, Deep Space Poyo, and Son of Poyo. I don't recall him saying anything about one between them though.

I think he tweeted something back in June about it. Every other year releases.

And they reused my "this is Poyo page from issue 18 on the inside front cover :)

showoff (thumbs u and just think if it wasnt for a nudge from me, i might have had the market on key poyo pages tied up. what page did you get from SAP? i got page 22 myself...

One of the highlights of SDCC was seeing the Chew guys..I was lucky enough to get on Rob's commission list and he was doing mixed media at the con

ounxo7.jpg

PS that is an awesome piece by rob. was checking out his tweets and poyo seemed like the man of the hour and the full color commissions were awesome. here's a poyo piece he did for me last year

poyosketchbyrob.jpg

looking at completed listings on eBay the last 3 or 4 have sold for $600 so I suppose that's a fair price.

(thumbs u

$600 seems to be the going rate. :)

Thanks, Jeff.

Just got back my 4 Chew #1's from CGC all 9.8.

Will post later in the for sale area.

:news:

So I'm thinking about how I should unload my entire Chew collection, a first print copy of every issue and variant (sans the variant cover of No. 12) with multile copies of some key issues like issue three copies of issue 8 (first appearance of Poyo) and some second prints. The regular No. 1 is the only graded its CGC 9.8 universal and the rest of the series is almost entirely NM/M (including the sketch variant of No.1, some limited items like ashcans and a signed poster of issue 15. What would be the best way to sell them? Ebay auction start it at 99 cents and let it roll, sell it on the boards with a fixed price? What would something like this be worth and/or sell for? Thanks for any and all advice. Feel free to discuss it in the thread if you want or to PM me. A brief tangent, one of the reasons I'm going to sell it is that I want to make a donation to the victims of the DKR shooting but it is not economically feasible for me to do that. I've had some personal things that have limited my disposable income for a little bit (long story short I had a tree fall on my home and office - I live over top my office in a commercial building and the insurance company is denying the claim probably because I sue them for a living and they hate me but it may just be because it is an out of state adjuster and those guys deny everything). Would someone direct me to where those donations should be made. I know whenever there is a tragedy, it's always hard to find out which charitable organizations give all the money to right people/place and I imagine that someone has already done the ground work on that. I've also never done a sale on the Boards or Ebay (the only items I've ever sold my LCS has done for me and they take 30% which is inclusive of eBay and paypal fees). While I have my own eBay account I have no feedback as a seller there or here on the boards. Thanks for any advice you are willing to share!

Well first print Chew #1 is rock-steady at $600 - $700 so theres your starting point.

if the books you have would grade 9.8 it would make sense to grade them as slabbed chews are definately commanding decent money even in some of the later issues and not just 1-5 which are all almost $100 books lately (the 90 day avg on all of them are between $88-148)

Just sell them to me for quick sale and no fees/hassles. Easy peasy.

Thats what I love about you Branget - your sense of compassion and love for your fellow man... :roflmao: