• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Land of the Lost

53 posts in this topic

Just got back...

I went in with the full intention of giving it a chance. The trailers were rolling and the one for the new Jack Black movie had just started when the electricity to the theater blinked, as there was a storm passing through. When it came back on, everyone watched the blank screen for about 5 minutes. A few people took time to go get popcorn and come back. Finally the trailer picked back up where it was cut off, but without sound.

Everyone (all 20 of us) started talking about the storm while we watched the silent Jack Black trailer. When it was over, the movie started, also without sound. We watched a few minutes of it and people were starting to get restless, so me, being the I am, started doing the audio, Mystery Science Theater 3000 style. People in the audience were in tears and howling as I did full commentary and dialog to the silent movie. That lasted about 10-15 minutes as they rewound the movie back to the Jack Black trailer, only this time with sound.

After watching the movie, I can safely say it was the biggest piece of mess I've ever seen in my life. Complete garbage. I was hoping that it wouldn't be too "Ferreled Up", but it was, it was Ferreled to the bone.

They could have done so much with that movie. It could have been great, but they let Will Ferrel get his fangs in it. It was absolutely horrible.

When the credits came on, I made for the door with haste. The guy at the end of the isle stopped me and told me that it would have been so much better if they'd left the sound off and let me finish it. :acclaim:

Now that I'm home and reflecting, I've come to a few solid conclusions...

1) Jack Black trailers are almost watchable with no sound.

2) Will Ferrel movies are complete garbage, and I will never watch another one. Ever.

3) Will Ferrel movies are complete garbage even with no sound.

4) I'm friggin hilarious when I turn it on. :acclaim:

For anyone that is still interested in seeing it, I will warn you NOT to take your kids. It was a little too adult for them. So that makes it a bad childish movie for adults.

Most of Will Farrel's movies are stupid comedies that usually make me laugh. Stranger Than Fiction was an amazing movie and he was brilliant in this movie. It would make my top 10 movies of the last 10 years.

Land of the Lost? Rental

Love this scene (and song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jS7AD-lqwA

Great movie. Great scene. Beautiful quirky woman.

They could have done so much with that movie. It could have been great, but they let Will Ferrel get his fangs in it. It was absolutely horrible.

:sorry:

Figured it was going to be garbage.

Most of Will Farrel's movies are stupid comedies that usually make me laugh. Stranger Than Fiction was an amazing movie and he was brilliant in this movie. It would make my top 10 movies of the last 10 years.

Land of the Lost? Rental

(thumbs u

Land of the Lost? Rental

(thumbs u

I would love to show her my comic collection. (tsk)

Land of the Lost? Rental

(thumbs u

She was much more charismatic in this than in Dark Knight.

I hate will ferrel but loved the original show so i gave it a chance. It just solidifies how much I hate will ferrel and think he's completely unfunny.

I watched "Drag Me To Hell" friday and "Up" today. I'm hearing alot of bad things about Land of the Lost and I admit the trailor didn't look very good to me either. The only movie I liked with Will Farrel was Talladega Nights.

Saw this movie today, my sons wanted to see it.

They loved it I was SOOOOOOOO BORED

My youngest is 15 and I would have been uncomfortable sitting there with her watching it.

NOT a kid movie, IMO.

Saw this movie today, my sons wanted to see it.

They loved it I was SOOOOOOOO BORED

My youngest is 15 and I would have been uncomfortable sitting there with her watching it.

NOT a kid movie, IMO.

Yep I agree. Pg 13 is to low...not an R movie but................not a kid movie either. Yet another parent mistake I have made this week :)