• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Lakers are not gonna blow it 2 years in a row

30 posts in this topic

Finals start tonight:

My fearess prediction:

LAKERS in 6

Magic are not as deep with all-stars as Celtics were last year

Lakers have more Finals experience than Magic

Lakers have home court advantage

Lakers have Phil Jackson

Lakers will be more consistent now that the Finals are here

Key to the series is Gasol & Odom. Kobe is gonna get his points. If Gasol & Odom combine for 30+ point per game, Lakers win the series. If they get shut down, Magic will win the series.

Being a life time Laker fan, I don't care how many games it takes. The Lakers need to bring the championship back to LA!!!

Great post btw (thumbs u

(Can't wait until my Clippers make it to the playoffs next year :wishluck:lol )

Brian

I live in Orlando...I am a die hard Magic fan......I truly believe they can win....but I would never go so far as to guarantee they will win. I am just saying I like our chances but we must win one of these first two Games in LA or it's done :wishluck:

A Magic win will depend on our Inside outside games.....when we excute that for 48 minutes we can beat anyone.....problem is we usually go away from what works several times in each game so I hope they stick with it this series :applause:

I live in Orlando...I am a die hard Magic fan......I truly believe they can win....but I would never go so far as to guarantee they will win. I am just saying I like our chances but we must win one of these first two Games in LA or it's done :wishluck:

A Magic win will depend on our Inside outside games.....when we excute that for 48 minutes we can beat anyone.....problem is we usually go away from what works several times in each game so I hope they stick with it this series :applause:

+1

I am huge Lakers fan. Have been since the Magic Johnson days. Best thing the Lakers have going for them is that they have home court advantage. Over the Last 30 years 70 percent of the teams with home court advantage go on and win the title.

The Lakers will win, I f-ing hope not though. (thumbs u

By the way Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach in thr NBA.

Anyone on these boards could coach the Lakers (Shaq/Kobe) or the Bulls (Jordan/Pippen) by just sitting there and watching them win.

The Lakers will win, I f-ing hope not though. (thumbs u

By the way Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach in thr NBA.

Anyone on these boards could coach the Lakers (Shaq/Kobe) or the Bulls (Jordan/Pippen) by just sitting there and watching them win.

Jackson make Shaq Kobe work. They were together for a few years and didnt win anything until Jackson came in. MJ never won before Jackson either.

Anyway, I think the Lakers will win in 6. But the Magic have more than enough to pull off an upset. These guys are dangerous. I can see the Magic winning in 7 w/o stretching my imagination that much.

We need to take one in LA and then close it out with three straight in Orlando.

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

The dreaded 2-3-2 format? Again?

Why does the NBA feel the need to go from 2-2-1-1-1 to the ugly 2-3-2- format for just the Finals?

This is not baseball.

Why does the NBA feel the need to go from 2-2-1-1-1 to the ugly 2-3-2- format for just the Finals?

This is not baseball.

+1

I don't like it but I would love to see the magic win 3 straight at home :cloud9: I really don't see the magic or anyone else beating the lakers 3 straight games but of course it sounds wonderful to me considering the Magic have never won a title....so

Come on Magic......win one for the gipper :headbang:

This is not baseball.

+1

I don't like it but I would love to see the magic win 3 straight at home :cloud9: I really don't see the magic or anyone else beating the lakers 3 straight games but of course it sounds wonderful to me considering the Magic have never won a title....so

This is exactly how I feel. Dwight is gonna shut down Bynum and Rashard Lewis is gonna get a hand in Kobe's face. Also Kobe cant drive on Dwight. Not gonna happen. Game 1- Magic. They are a killer team this year. Turkoglu is nuts! Alston might catch on fire. He used to be on the street ball team for ESPN. That is kind of cool when you think about it.

Anyways go magic!

This is not baseball.

+1

This is exactly how I feel. Dwight is gonna shut down Bynum and Rashard Lewis is gonna get a hand in Kobe's face. Also Kobe cant drive on Dwight. Not gonna happen. Game 1- Magic. They are a killer team this year. Turkoglu is nuts! Alston might catch on fire. He used to be on the street ball team for ESPN. That is kind of cool when you think about it.

Anyways go magic!

Kobe's driven on him before