• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Store Employee Spoilers...

42 posts in this topic

How many of you has this happened to... This really kind of got under my skin a bit...

So, I was late getting onto the new Captain America Brubaker series... So I got in to buy Winter Soldier Part 1.. The guy behind the desk goes "Oh, this is great.. have you read the series?"

I say "No, I hear its good so Im going to check it out.."

The guy then says "I love it.. I think its cool that they killed Cap and Buckey took his place... blah blah"

I mean seriously.. What part of the NO did he not go and understand? Why would he think that someone who hasnt read it would want to know a spoiler that happens like 25 issues in?

I mean, I KNEW cap died, but I didnt know bucky took his place (I really ignored the series and I dont read a lot of comics)

I have seen him do this to COUNTLESS people.. Its like he assumes everyone already knows whats happening in a series when they buy the collected volumes..

Its like if you are going to see Empire Strikes Back for the first time and the ticket seller goes "Yeah, it's really dramatic when luke finds out Vader is his Father..."

I just had to vent...

How many of you has this happened to... This really kind of got under my skin a bit...

So, I was late getting onto the new Captain America Brubaker series... So I got in to buy Winter Soldier Part 1.. The guy behind the desk goes "Oh, this is great.. have you read the series?"

The guy then says "I love it.. I think its cool that they killed Cap and Buckey took his place... blah blah"

I mean seriously.. What part of the NO did he not go and understand? Why would he think that someone who hasnt read it would want to know a spoiler that happens like 25 issues in?

I mean, I KNEW cap died, but I didnt know bucky took his place (I really ignored the series and I dont read a lot of comics)

I have seen him do this to COUNTLESS people.. Its like he assumes everyone already knows whats happening in a series when they buy the collected volumes..

Its like if you are going to see Empire Strikes Back for the first time and the ticket seller goes "Yeah, it's really dramatic when luke finds out Vader is his Father..."

I just had to vent...

Thanks for wrecking Empire for me...I was going to watch it tonight, but now why bother. (:

I just had to vent...

Thanks for wrecking Empire for me...I was going to watch it tonight, but now why bother. (:

:news:

:gossip: ...the burning bush turns out to be God in disguise...

:insane:

Bruce Willis in 6th Sense is dead the whole time.....

:gossip:

Harvey Dent is really Two Face. (This actually happened to me after I was talking about Dark Knight to someone. They did not know he was Two Face.) :o

Ahab never gets the whale. Everyone dies save Ishmael (not his real name) and the book is really about an individual's anger against God.

Petrerov goes to prison for a really long time for killing the old woman.

Jesus comes back. Be ready.

Gollum falls into Mt. Doom with the ring in his mouth/hand.

The narrator does indeed like green eggs and ham.

Ozymandius did it. Rorschach's journal is found by the fat kid in the Right Wing Paper editorial office.

When Star Wars was rereleased into the movies, back in 1997 I think, a bunch of us went early to wait in line to get good seats. During the long wait, numerous conversations went on. A friend of mine went and accidentally spoiled the ending to a movie for someone, and she turned around and said in jest, "Oh yeah, well Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father." She had no idea that my friend had never seen Star Wars before, nor the fact that he had somehow ignored the bulk of popular culture and had remained ignorant to this crucial fact of the Star Wars series. She was so upset and embarrassed about ruining it for him. So it actually happens.