• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Spotlight #32 "New HG Hot Bronze to BUY"

35 posts in this topic

I noticed the 9.8's od MS#32 has been close to 1K mark at auction :o and OSPG#39 had one dealer stating a sale in 2008 on Ebay for that price. Is it key enough for this price hike? This just a fad because their are fewer HG Bronze for sale latly?

I've been searching and searching for a 9.8 for a while now. I finally lowered my standard a bit and have been looking to find a nice, well centered, white paged, 9.4. Even that hasn't been easy...as of right now I only have my original copy at an 8.5. I"ll get one eventually, but they are much rarer then you might think.

I"ll get one eventually, but they are much rarer then you might think.

Sorry, but that is not really true, as the books exist in quantities, and I really believe that most collectors had absolutely no idea that these were selling for thousands of dollars. I had no idea, and I have quite a few 9.X copies laying around from collections and lots back in the day.

How much are 9.4 copies going for, as that may paint a better picture of this perceived rarity.

I"ll get one eventually, but they are much rarer then you might think.

Sorry, but that is not really true, as the books exist in quantities, and I really believe that most collectors had absolutely no idea that these were selling for thousands of dollars. I had no idea, and I have quite a few 9.X copies laying around from collections and lots back in the day.

How much are 9.4 copies going for, as that may paint a better picture of this perceived rarity.

The same can be said for a lot of Bronze books, tons of copies sitting around with none getting slabbed.

I think its a more valid comment in this case though. I would have had no idea a 9.8 was worth that either. Truth be told in my perception this book is five bucks raw in 9.0. So I'm not shocked that few 9.8s are slabbed. And I agree with vince, I saw a lot of these back in the day. I don't think its rare at all

They are not rare, at all. Anyone that collects 1st apps has plenty of them and they are easy to find in shops and at cons. Once word gets out that 9.8s are generating big bread (See e.g. GI Joe 21, Harbinger #1, ROM #1) the nice copies will come out and a bunch of 9.8 prescreens will go in (some after being pressed since that old chestnut is de rigeur again) and a bunch more 9.8s will show up.

They are not rare, at all. Anyone that collects 1st apps has plenty of them and they are easy to find in shops and at cons. Once word gets out that 9.8s are generating big bread (See e.g. GI Joe 21, Harbinger #1, ROM #1) the nice copies will come out and a bunch of 9.8 prescreens will go in (some after being pressed since that old chestnut is de rigeur again) and a bunch more 9.8s will show up.

hm

I better get mine subbed. How could I miss sending these in before 5/1? Argh!

hm

The next time I get myself a nice chunk of mad money, you're getting a PM. If you have Bronze in addition to all that sweet Copper we need to do a deal. hm

hm

The next time I get myself a nice chunk of mad money, you're getting a PM. If you have Bronze in addition to all that sweet Copper we need to do a deal. hm

Bronze....? What bronze....?

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

;)

you guys are nuts, those are super rare books in nice shape with the black cover and all, i can totally see it being a $1,000 book (as I clutch my 20 high grade copies and fantasize about renovating my basement...)

you guys are nuts, those are super rare books in nice shape with the black cover and all, i can totally see it being a $1,000 book (as I clutch my 20 high grade copies and fantasize about renovating my basement...)
:roflmao:

I've been searching and searching for a 9.8 for a while now. I finally lowered my standard a bit and have been looking to find a nice, well centered, white paged, 9.4. Even that hasn't been easy...as of right now I only have my original copy at an 8.5. I"ll get one eventually, but they are much rarer then you might think.

lol

Bro, are you serious? Maybe the 9.8 MIGHT be a lil tough.. But as the more serious collectors on this board have stated...its not hard to find in HG.

There are 200+ copies in 9.0+ with over 150 slabs 9.4 and up.

As a 1st app collector, I would have to say this was one of my easier Bronze finds. snatched up a 9.6 with excellent PQ, and centered.

The 9.8s are quite pricey, but I believe thats the case with most 9.8 bronze keys. Surprisingly, the 9.4s go for at least $80 slabbed.

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a rumor that Marvel was either going to:

A) Relaunch the character in a new series with Bendis and...er...Hot Shot Artist Man as a floppy?

or

B) Relaunch the character as a web-only comic, with some kind of big media/marketing push behind it?

I haven't heard any movie rumors, though.

Uh, er, yes, They are SUPER DOOPER rare, and no new ones will ever, er, show up on the, uh, census!

YOU BUY NOW!!!

;)

lol

Bro, are you serious? Maybe the 9.8 MIGHT be a lil tough.. But as the more serious collectors on this board have stated...its not hard to find in HG.

There are 200+ copies in 9.0+ with over 150 slabs 9.4 and up.

As a 1st app collector, I would have to say this was one of my easier Bronze finds. snatched up a 9.6 with excellent PQ, and centered.

The 9.8s are quite pricey, but I believe thats the case with most 9.8 bronze keys. Surprisingly, the 9.4s go for at least $80 slabbed.

All I got to say is HULK #181!! There are tons of them and more 9.8 keep popping up. With demand the lower grades might go up too. Demand is what makes it worth the price and thr most HG Bronze is what people try and get. Everyone fights for the single HG 9.8 Luke Cage #1 when it comes to auction but the 9.6 is an easy buy.

doh!:roflmao: