• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSHO: All American Comics #16 CGC 2.0 *Thread Closed*

21 posts in this topic

The #5 most valueable GA comic in the world.

CGC slabbed 2.0 Slight resto

The resto is ever-so slight and I have included in the image the details where the slight color touch is and where the tiny original piece was re-attached.

A= small amount of color touch

B= tiny original piece of cover re-attached

I don't think this book can be ANY closer to UNRESTORED status. It is truly so close to being a "Blue Label" book.

***Thread closed***

Does the color touch bleed through the cover? Why don't you just have the resto removed and get the thing reslabbed 1.8 blue???
I think when I called for notes on the book before diz owned it (clink auction) it was bleed through (amatuer)... would still get a 1.0 though, if removed, just would take paper away...

it is just fine as it it (thumbs u

Does the color touch bleed through the cover? Why don't you just have the resto removed and get the thing reslabbed 1.8 blue???
I think when I called for notes on the book before diz owned it (clink auction) it was bleed through (amatuer)... would still get a 1.0 though, if removed, just would take paper away...

I think a little professional loving could bring it to a pretty nice grade (shrug)

I think a little professional loving could bring it to a pretty nice grade (shrug)
I agree...the other direction you could restore it much higher...

I would buy this book, but it is just really bad timing for me :frustrated:

there there...I'm sure you have something coming in the mail soon that will make you feel better ;)

(thumbs u

I agree...the other direction you could restore it much higher...

I agree. It would probably get a much higher grade with some mod. resto and will just look great!

After all, it´s an All American #16, which most of us adore ( :cloud9: ) and there´s a lot of ppl out there willing to pay high money, even for restored copies (It´s not like you´re trying to sell a MF#53 :frustrated:).

Whatever you do (or not), it´s a nice copy of a very important book (thumbs u

Tough call on this one re: restore or not to restore. Since it's already purple label, I say got for it and have it resto'd; unless you have a lot into it already. Restored AA 16's usually go for less than 10 grand, unless the resto is slight. I had the White Rose copy; stunning book, but it was PLOD and could only fetch $6500. If you can have the resto removed, then I'd opt for that, as unrestored AA 16's sell very, very well. Just my 2 cents.

Either unrestore it or leave it as is. My 2c

My plan for now if someone doesn't step up to the plate on it, is to definitely leave it right where it is. The restoration is so darn slight and miniscule that when I look it over, I see an "original" book. No cleaning, no tear seals, no glossing, and basically absolutely no attempt made to deceive. As far as my opinion goes, some kid, who knows how long ago, colored in a tiny section on the thugs hat probably just to color in a minor tape pull.

As far as the tiny "original" piece of the book reattached on the right side of the cover, I'm sure that could be removed and I don't think it would at all change the appearance or the grade of the book, for it's less than an 1/8" x 1/16" chip that was reattached.

I owned the Detective 29 in CGC Universal 3.5 and it had notes on the label that for me anyway, weren't too far different than this book in terms of going from a blue label to a PLOD. If this book was a 2.0 "Blue Label", my guess is it would be a 2x guide book and priced by anyone at a minimum of $25,000.00. Just figured I'd throw in my 2c:)

P.S. And what really drew me to this copy even more, was that when I called CGC to get the additional notes and confirmed that both the cover and centerfold are fully attached! For me, that was huge.

What's the probability that you remove the reattached piece and leave the color touch and get a blue label with a notation of a small amount of color touch?
I'm going to guess no chance. If the area is as big as I think it is and if it bleeds through, no blue. You'd almost be better off with the chunk of cover missing.

A very general not sales-related PM sent. (:

What's the probability that you remove the reattached piece and leave the color touch and get a blue label with a notation of a small amount of color touch?
I'm going to guess no chance. If the area is as big as I think it is and if it bleeds through, no blue. You'd almost be better off with the chunk of cover missing.

Well, that was a very interesting general and not sales-related PM, right before the thread closed hmlol

Well, that was a very interesting general and not sales-related PM, right before the thread closed hmlol

:roflmao: