• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the SECRET DARK ULTIMATE FANTASTIC SKETCH MEGATHREAD

1,254 posts in this topic

Mac,

I can give you a personal opinion: Looking strictly at DA, SI, and FS covers, I'd say it goes

#1) Dark Avengers - Great stock that takes a variety of materials...water color, ink, pencil, etc. There's a reason these fetch a much higher price on the open market.

#2) Secret Invasion 2nd print - This is the corrected version that came out. Not as good as the Dark Avengers cover, but the title doesn't target a specific character, so most subjects wouldn't "clash" with the book itself. The glossy part on the upper left portion of the sketch area can be problematic at times.

#3 Fallen Son - Takes most media well, but is very character specific. With Captain America right in the title, some people find that it's wrong to get anyone else on them. I've found that these are the most common and after years of being out, I still find them in high grade in long boxes.

#4 Secret Invasion 1st print - Too glossy, a real nightmare to work on for most artists.

This ranking assumes that the person cares what the title on the book is. Some people say that a secret invasion cover should feature a skrull. Some say a Fallen Son need a Cap on it. Personally, I'm not that picky.

Adam..another great informative post.

Also ..for those G.I. Joe fans out there, cause I am pushing for Robert Atkins..

The New Dimensions Comics Cover variant has a blank back cover for those G.I. Joe sketches. However, remind your favorite artist to use black sharpies. The glossy cover doesn't take well to other black inks, such as inking pens.

The sketch will never dry, unless you use a black sharpie.

With that being said. I will post my G.I. Joe sketch cover when I get home later tonight.

I'm at work being a real Heroe.

No you're Robin.. I'M BATMAN!

Remember..Robin does all the dirty work for Batman...so you can draw..but I tell you what to draw lol

And Batman has a computer inside the Batmobile... ;)

lol All joking aside..I have three favorite artists right now. Two are published..one is our very own.

you a fan of whisp's moon knight sketch too?!?!?!

Who the heck is Whisp? :shrug: