• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM (Uncanny) X-Men #135

20 posts in this topic

Well, time to let this cat out of it's bag - I said months back I was going to do this. This is the CGC copy I cracked out of the slab as I totally did not agree with the grade they gave it. CAL was the closest to CGC grade, and that was due to the "soiling" on the back cover looking 10x worse than it really is due to the scanner. Here's the label out of the slab:

cgclabel.jpg

As do most of you, I think this book is in the 8.5-9.0 range, and I'd bet if I re-submitted it, it would come back higher than the original 7.0 - I have called for grader's notes and have thoroughly looked the book over and can find nothing wrong to bring it down to a 7.0...

(shrug)

-slym (got this book cheap...) :cloud9:

that!

That isn't a 7.0.

I don't think dirt counts for the condition as such, it looked pretty intact.

At LEAST an 8.0, but I feel it doesn't even deserve that, an 8.5 - 9.0 would be more realistic.

It seems like you had a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point grade it.

One thing I find interesting is it has the insert but no star on the price. Nice book by the way. Is it just me or insert books seem to not be has well preserved (maybe because the service people read their books and moved around alot ? I would say it is worth regrading and 8.5 sounds about right.