• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #1 (1982) sells for $15,000+

226 posts in this topic

Maybe this has already been discussed here, but this shocker deserves to be posted again.

Wolverine #1 (1982) has sold for $15,535 in CGC 10.0

Is it even worth pointing out the insanity of this sale? I just wish I was the seller.

Here are the GPA top results:

( 10 ) - - (1) $15,535 (1) $15,535 $15,535 May-2009

( 9.9 ) (1) $1,550 - - - $1,550 Dec-2007

( 9.8 ) (110) $229 (113) $258 (139) $233 (49) $206 $135 Jun-2009

Thats sick!

Seriously, I feel like a broken record here, but you can't just write something off as insane or stupid without knowing who the buyer is, why they bought the book, and what 15K means to them. It would be stupid for me, not only financially, but also because I typically don't get off on anything higher than a 9.6, but I can't judge the buyer.

I have a buddy who recently consumed a $5000 (according to him) bottle of whine. To each his own, as long as it doesn't cost me anything.

I have a buddy who recently consumed a $5000 (according to him) bottle of whine.

I'd be more impressed if he had been drinking wine

Ok, you scored a point.

I guess the word "whine" and comics general have become inextricably linked in my mind, as of late.

The Captain makes a lot of sense. If someone like Nickolas Cage wanted his grandson to have the best around, then 15K isn't squat to him. The value of money has everything to do with how much or how little you have, and how you got it or how it comes to you.

"Money for nuthin and your chicks for free". I shoulda been a rock star (if only I could carry a tune) (oh, wait, I don't have to. Just yell and jump).

I believe that book sold in the May Heritage auction (too lazy to look it up). There were a few CA books that garnered big prices in that auction. There were a run of ASMs in 9.9 that ended at 2k a piece.

I wish I'd bought that 10 when it sold for around $3800....argh.

Imagine how upset the guy who sold it for $3800 is. :sorry:

Maybe a collection should be taken up for him. :idea:

:roflmao:

C

The Captain makes a lot of sense. If someone like Nickolas Cage wanted his grandson to have the best around, then 15K isn't squat to him. The value of money has everything to do with how much or how little you have, and how you got it or how it comes to you.

"Money for nuthin and your chicks for free". I shoulda been a rock star (if only I could carry a tune) (oh, wait, I don't have to. Just yell and jump).

Captain Morgan maybe... :insane:

I wish I'd bought that 10 when it sold for around $3800....argh.

Imagine how upset the guy who sold it for $3800 is. :sorry:

Maybe a collection should be taken up for him. :idea:

:roflmao:

C

Oh, you're naughty.

;)

At least the guy didn't leave any money on the able by not getting it pressed....

:insane:

I hope someone pipes up claiming it used to be a 9.2 that was pressed, and starts crying because the seller owes him $5k on principle. :roflmao: