• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

completing stories

83 posts in this topic

Putting together a comic book's OA is IMO the toughest thing to do in the hobby writ large, I'd include comic collecting in there as well. It's like getting a set of 30 and 35 cent variants x10 on steroids. As others have discussed its always a :juggle: act in terms of letting people know what you are looking for verses keeping it to yourself for fear of unscrupulous individuals trying thwart your quest.

The interesting thing is money really doesn't play as big a role in it, though it certainly helps. For example if you wanted to put together a complete run of Detective comics you could do it in fairly short order (condition caveats aside) if funds were available. Heck people have put together entire runs of DC Comics in a relatively few number of years (in OA terms). You could get a representation of all your favorite artists (covers no less) if finances were there; Bill Woo just posted in this thread, he has cover representations of my entire list of childhood favs (minus Sienkiewicz, where's the love?) and is still seeking the elusive OA complete story.

I really cheer for people trying to do this, more that I do for the successful marriages of friends and family, or the Red Sox and GB Packers (Farve trade has made this easier). Thanks to people who have posted or pointed their fellow collectors in the right direction (thumbs u.

After a few years I will add my OA complete story quest to the list ....

New Teen Titans #20 (George Perez Breakdowns - Romeo Tanghal Finishes / Inks)

I own 6 pages, Michael Lovitz owns 4 (there are 20 total leaving 10 unaccounted for). Michael has almost all of the back story and I'd even give him a heads up if the final page were to pop up.

Wish all of you the most sincere luck and good fortune in your quest, put them together and keep them that way if you can.

2c or maybe 4c

Jason

I'm always on the look out for

• LUCIFER 14 pages (Ormston art)
  • LUCIFER 33 pages (Ormston art) One of the best stand alone issues OF ALL TIME
  • I like picking up the occasional PREACHER page

As far as I know all the Lucifer 33 pages except for 4 are owned by one person. Of the four that collector doesn't own, you have two of them. You do know this right? Weren't you contacted about the two pages you own?

Thanks, Ruben. Yes, he did contact me about buying my two pages.

I didn't know he had so many pages, however :frustrated:

And this it what happens when two(or more) people are trying to gather the same book :pullhair:

Looking for Mike Zeck Punisher Return to Big Nothing pages. I have 5 so far and am always looking for more, as well as any of Whilce Portacio's art on Batman Confidential 1-6, of which I have approximately 50% of the 138 pages. Let me know if you can help, cheers!

Greg

Greg,

Try Charles Costas for Zeck pages, he helped me with several from Kingdom #2 by Zeck and Beatty.

I am halfway done with compiling Kingdom #2 and if anyone has or knows of any pages for sale please let me know.

I've been trying to put together 3 stories for a number of years. All Uncanny X-Men stories from when I was growing up.

John Romita Jr. - Uncanny X-Men 183

John Romita Jr. - Uncanny X-Men 191

Alan Davis - Uncanny X-Men 213

Any help on pages would be gratefully appreciated. I know there is one Alan Davis X-Men 213 page on the CAF but the owner doesn't want to part with it which is fine. There are pages out there but I just can't find them. I am closest to finishing the 191 issue.

Cheers

John

Thanks for the nod... always happy to help people out with finding Zeck stuff. I've been following Mike's art for years.

The Zeck Punisher mini-series art is at the top of my wantlist. I've given up on trying to put issues #3 & 4 back together, but am always happy when I run across a page and even more excited when I run across the Punisher covers/posters (if anyone has any please drop me a line).

The Punisher Big Nothing art was the first art sold by Zeck's "new" rep back in the late 80's - Jim Warden. He sold both the color blueline pages and the B&W pages. Becuase Jim primarily attended the DC area comic shows, there are probably still a lot of Big Nothing pages in local DC collectors' hands. But a few have also popped up on the internet in recent years. Some have gone for bargain prices ($200-300) and some (with Punisher in costume) have gone for more ($1-2k+). The good news is that they do surface from time to time (like the page Burkey recently had) and are still relatively affordable, especially when you compare those prices to the Kraven ones.

Good luck!

Greg,

Try Charles Costas for Zeck pages, he helped me with several from Kingdom #2 by Zeck and Beatty.

I am halfway done with compiling Kingdom #2 and if anyone has or knows of any pages for sale please let me know.

I can make it official that I'm trying to assemble ROM SPACEKNIGHT ANNUAL #2:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=103726

I've got a great start going, currently 13 out of 40 pages, over a quarter of the book! :headbang:

Obviously, challenges lie ahead: the book had five, count 'em, FIVE splash pages, none of them accounted for so far. :pullhair: Wish me luck! :wishluck:

Perhaps willing to trade other ROM pages from my collection:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=73709

for pages from this annual, or perhaps for Micronauts/Baron Karza pages.

Respectfully submitted,

Andrew

Don't ever give up on completing your complete book quests people...I've been collecting comic art for 22 years.

And I bought pieces and completed Amazing Spiderman #98..the Goblin drug issue... and by FAR the best battle book of the 3 drug issues as its all battle.

as well as last year I completed ASM #46..getting the splash from a 1980's marvel editor in 2009.

THE FIRST SHOCKER! and large art to boot.

10 years ago I owned 2 character pages to Amazing Spiderman #127.... a great story with Spiderman battling the Vulture...

anyway..I met a collector who had ALL the rest of the pages and we did a deal and I completed Amazing Spiderman #127 by Ross Andru...

so it can be done!

Mike

The Punisher Big Nothing art was the first art sold by Zeck's "new" rep back in the late 80's - Jim Warden. He sold both the color blueline pages and the B&W pages. Becuase Jim primarily attended the DC area comic shows, there are probably still a lot of Big Nothing pages in local DC collectors' hands. But a few have also popped up on the internet in recent years. Some have gone for bargain prices ($200-300) and some (with Punisher in costume) have gone for more ($1-2k+).

Actually the Punisher doesn't wear a mask and doesn't have any secret ID, so costume or not, what gives the price is Punisher or no Punisher on the page !!!

Well at least it is my opinion and since I've put my page ( after owing it for 20 years ) up for sale this matters a lot to me as most people try the bargain for this most irrelevant costume detail...( asking $1.6K ) :luhv:

My extreme tastes prevent me from having the slightiest hope to complete a book but I'm always trying to gather a sequence from a book I liked !!!

Still I'm trying to gather the Iron man #49 vol1...( and as much Starlin art as possible ...) hm

Don't ever give up on completing your complete book quests people...I've been collecting comic art for 22 years.

And I bought pieces and completed Amazing Spiderman #98..the Goblin drug issue... and by FAR the best battle book of the 3 drug issues as its all battle.

as well as last year I completed ASM #46..getting the splash from a 1980's marvel editor in 2009.

10 years ago I owned 2 character pages to Amazing Spiderman #127.... a great story with Spiderman battling the Vulture...

anyway..I met a collector who had ALL the rest of the pages and we did a deal and I completed Amazing Spiderman #127 by Ross Andru...

so it can be done!

Mike

:applause: :applause: :applause:^^

so it can be done!

Mike

Nice examples Mike. Great books to be sure.

Hello friends,

Here are three stories I'm hoping to complete some day (hey, it could happen!):

Amazing Adventures #3, 4 and 5 (Black Widow stories by Gene Colan and Bill Everett)

I'm actively seeking ANY pages from these stories, whether Natasha appears on them or not. I'll pay very, VERY well or trade aggressively for any examples from these issues.

With this in mind, I'm also seeking Gene Colan artwork from these comics:

Captain America #116, 120, 121 (all Colan/Sinnott) and 137 (Colan/Everett again)

Daredevil #91 (Colan/Palmer)

Plus: Kane/Sutton artwork from Warlock #4.

I'm seeking ANY pages from these comics.

Thanks, and best wishes to everybody seeking to reunite broken-up books... it's a challenge, but it's fun to try!

Pax,

Sean

So you are the reason I never see these for sale!