• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of stolen comics from Harley Yee

48 posts in this topic

I hate if it went to this point, but aren't there systems that can be used

to prevent theft where you have a piece of paper of sticker that will activate

an alarm if it goes a certain distance from a certain area???

It could be slipped into that the reverse of a bag and board or attached to a CGC case???

I know that sounds ridiculous but when you are talking the costs of these books

wouldn't a system of this kind be smart?

hm

I think realistically the only way to prevent theft is to have more bodies behind the tables.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was training available for security types to spot potential thieves, and perhaps some of this information could be passed along as tips to the dealers..?

Another idea: boxes are only allowed in and out during setup/breakdown times, so anyone walking out with a box during a show should have some splainin' to do.

You can now find anti-theft stickers in 12.00 paperbacks, so this should be available to comic book dealers.

On another note- we all pay for this loss. Harley will certainly have to pass on this expense, in some way, shape, form or fashion to his customer base. Expect to see less wiggle room and upper GPA pricing till this gets paid for. (this is an assumption.)

Another idea: boxes are only allowed in and out during setup/breakdown times, so anyone walking out with a box during a show should have some splainin' to do.

Not to start a controversy...

but you never know, it could of been a dealer

that has it in for old Harley.

90% of the dealers that I know are straight up joes

that would take insult to my thoughts - but they should realize

my intent would be on that 10% dirtbags weasels that are slick

enough to pull something like this off.

I don't even know who was at this show and I'm not going to name

any names but I am sure you know some of the dealers in your collecting past

that just skeezers.

:P

I know this was on here a couple of weeks ago, but thought I would give it another little push. Harley is a friend of mine and I would like to both help him find his books and to catch the low-life who stole them.

adventure

20 9.6 mile high $18000

72 app 6.5 $1900

228 9.0 $400

Air Fighters

9 7.0 $700

All american

89 8.0 $900

All Star

9 4.5 $750

Amazing spiderman

8 2.5 $140

9 6.5 $500

an 3 9.0 $240

Astonishing Tales

6 9.6 $180

Avengers

2 7.5 $600

Batman

200 8.5 $180

Boy commando

15 9.4 big apple $1575

Captain Marvel

9 9.4 $125

Catman

1 5.0 $1100

Daredevil

17 8.0 $140

18 9.4 $450

49 9.6 $270

Detective

156 5.5 $270

184 6.5 $250

439 9.6 $400

443 9.4 $240

Fantastic four

97 9.4 $210

106 9.4 $120

Flash

82 8.0 $650

Leading

11 7.0 crowley $275

Marvel mystery

32 app 7.0 $900

Perfect love

3 9.6 $650

Sensation

35 9.2 rockford $1000

Super comics

33 9.0 $550

Teen age temptation

7 7.5 pgx $350

time tunnel

1 9.4 $250

Xmen

20 9.2 $475

Zoot

13 7.0 $300

Tell Harley to print up a list and pass out at Heroes just in case anybody gets offered these.

Tell Harley to print up a list and pass out at Heroes just in case anybody gets offered these.

I like that, A Lot!

^^

Jamie did the same thing a few years ago. They didn't turn up, but you just never know.

I like that, A Lot!

^^

A list would be a great thing I'll look at the SDCC too! I'll be meeting up with Harley there as well.

You know.....I think I'll buy somethin from Harley just to keep him goin.......either off his ebay site....or at San Diego. Every little bit helps at this stage.

Wonder if CGC could get GPS tracking put into their slabs. That way if you can get to a computer fast enough.....you might be able to find their location. (shrug)

You know.....I think I'll buy somethin from Harley just to keep him goin.......either off his ebay site....or at San Diego. Every little bit helps at this stage.

Wonder if CGC could get GPS tracking put into their slabs. That way if you can get to a computer fast enough.....you might be able to find their location. (shrug)

Perhaps we should all spend some $$ at every comic dealer's booth in SD just to keep them going. :idea: Won't my wife be thrilled. :flamed:

I'll be spending all my money at Harleys and Blazing Bobs booth for sure :headbang:

Save some $$ for beer and snacks.

I just did a quick, rough calculation. Looks like the value of stolen books is about $34,000. That is far from petty theft. Man, it would be nice to catch this guy.

I guess being that close to the boarder.........there is gonna be Corona everywhere.......but I don't consider that to be BEER (tsk)

I guess being that close to the boarder.........there is gonna be Corona everywhere.......but I don't consider that to be BEER (tsk)

I drink that stuff down like water.I like nice thick Guiness (worship)

Dude !!! You are aproaching beer connissuer status !! (thumbs u

The problem is availability. Some of the best beers made are not available everywhere......but don't worry.....you've come to the right place. Ever tried Yeti from Great Divide brewery? mmmmm........dark stout.......

Dude !!! You are aproaching beer connissuer status !! (thumbs u

The problem is availability. Some of the best beers made are not available everywhere......but don't worry.....you've come to the right place. Ever tried Yeti from Great Divide brewery? mmmmm........dark stout.......

No ,but if you hum a few bars doh! I love all micro brewed beers,and am gonna try to get humantorch off of that water he drinks at SDCC.Im gonna drag him to this Irish bar at the gaslamp and get him hammered.