• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do YOU get your comics Graded.

49 posts in this topic

I've been spending some time in the "Hey Buddy can you spare a Grade" forum. I've noticed some interesting comments in regards to whether people should get a particular book "slabbed" or not.

I have no intention on selling any of my books after or before grading. I joined CGC because I felt it would open up a whole other aspect of Comic Book collecting...and it has. It has certainly made the entire experience that much more exciting...and I have yet to send a book in for grading.

I was curious why some of you joined and your opinions on getting books slabbed.

I have a few reasons:

A) Protection.

B) Restro Check.

C) Easier to sell if needed.

D) Bragging rights.

There is always that jackpot factor too. I bought a Spectacular Spider-man (the 1968 mag) #1 off of ebay raw. Paid $25.00 with shipping. Figured it was an 8.5 to a 9.0. Came back as a 9.4. :grin:

I have a few reasons:

A) Protection.

B) Restro Check.

C) Easier to sell if needed.

D) Bragging rights.

There is always that jackpot factor too. I bought a Spectacular Spider-man (the 1968 mag) #1 off of ebay raw. Paid $25.00 with shipping. Figured it was an 8.5 to a 9.0. Came back as a 9.4. :grin:

That always rocks. Way to go.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I see several comments on here about how books seem to be coming back with higher than expected grades. Is CGC getting "soft" in their grading...

I don't think so. In the end it's a matter of opinion. My Spider-man came back higher than I figured it would. I sent a GSX #1 that came back lower and a Hulk 181 that came back spot on.

That's the other thing about sending in books, seeing how close you are to what they send back.

I joined as a result of doing an Internet search for "ejaenter" on Google. It took me here and not only did I learn that the Emperor had no clothes, but also that he was a crazy glue sniffer with a lazy eye and a penchant for buggery.

I get mine graded to see what the grade is.

This from the guy that nailed the grade on the last 3 raw books he sold me.

I'm just testing the paid amateurs.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I see several comments on here about how books seem to be coming back with higher than expected grades. Is CGC getting "soft" in their grading...

shhhhhhh! Dont tell them until we get all of our stuff graded :gossip: