• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you SELL you collection if a billionaire wanted to buy it?

75 posts in this topic

In my OA (original comic art) collection, there are pieces I would sell for FMV (fair market value) or less and others that I wouldn't sell for even 10x FMV. If, however, someone wanted to buy my entire collection without exclusion, I'd say a 2.5x FMV offer would get me thinking about it, while 3x FMV would be difficult to turn down, thinking about what else I could do with the cash hm .

Anything less than a 2.5x offer would be a flat-out no way; I've put far too much time, passion and effort into assembling the collection and I'm sure that, over time, the regret wouldn't be worth the immediate monetary gain.

My collection is so huge he better have a boat load of $$$$$.

He'll have a great collection but he's going home broke.

BTW; I like the comics you have posted along the bottom. Especially the Raceway comic. Funny stuff. Good one. (thumbs u

Billionaires don't buy comics and they never will. They are too busy running multinational conglomerates, despoiling family fortunes or figuring out how many custom islands to build in Dubai. They didn't read them as children because they either weren't around or they were too busy perfecting whatever skills made them billionaires.

There may be an exception or two to this, but this is and always will be the rule. Comics are made for and enjoyed by middle class kids. We may end up doing very well, but very rarely become billionaires. Shaq collects comics. He is rich. The guy who signs his paychecks doesn't collect comics. He is a billionaire.

My collection is so huge he better have a boat load of $$$$$.

He'll have a great collection but he's going home broke.

BTW; I like the comics you have posted along the bottom. Especially the Raceway comic. Funny stuff. Good one. (thumbs u

heh heh......Just some of my newly aquired and or favorite books. I don't think I would sell that Raceway book for 10x guide.

11x however...... hm

Billionaires don't buy comics and they never will. They are too busy running multinational conglomerates, despoiling family fortunes or figuring out how many custom islands to build in Dubai.

(thumbs u

Comics are made for and enjoyed by middle class kids. We may end up doing very well, but very rarely become billionaires.

I was lower-middle class; does that mean I can be a billionaire?

Oh wait, no I can't. I picked the wrong profession for that. :tonofbricks: