• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

Jeez, my parents didn't know one third of the stuff I was doing at that age. Quite frankly, it was my "job" to keep them from finding out.

Nor did mine. But I was NOT stealing money from decent people and bragging about it.

Yeah, well neither was I, but all sins are equal and even the best parents don't have control 24/7.

Ok, I do not want to get into a discussion about all sins are equal. (me dropping a bunch of acid listening to the Grateful Dead is not in the same arena or ballpark for that matter as ordering things online from people, than not paying for them.....and than boasting about it)

And I SHOULD have said his parents are PARTLY to blame. Sorry.

When involving a minor, the last thing I would do is post, on a public forum, his house address and/or a photo of his house. I'm almost positive that can be turned around against you.

Yep, that's what I meant.

When involving a minor, the last thing I would do is post, on a public forum, his house address and/or a photo of his house. I'm almost positive that can be turned around against you.

Unfortunately, that's not the reality of the age we are in. The image above was public and available. The address that image is of, and the names associated with it, are public and available.

Further, that image has no address or names associated with it. It is a picture of a house. Even if it did, it is all readily available, for free, to the public. That image was discovered using only information in this thread in other posts.

If you have problems with it, your complaints need to go to people far above my paygrade. Someone could post a shot of my house just as easily, and I am powerless to stop it.

edit: I took it down since I have made my point.

I've sent a note to Mark Zaid informing him the NOD has a member not in good standing with this board, and it would be appreciated if they take this into consideration when having members join their group.

Hopefully, others take the same action as if Connor wants to play around in a serious hobby, we should help him go into another hobby. Then they can deal with "Awww, a young, new member" but later state "WTF!"

NOD leadership was informed about the transgressions and as a result this statement was issued by an NOD board member:

As a result of NOD member Conner Amans actions of failing to complete obligations for sales of comics to several CGC board memers, his membership to NOD is in the process of being revoked and he will be permanately suspended. He accepted money from several CGC board members for books and never shipped them.

Anyone who ever experiences a problem with an NOD board member, which I hope occurs quite infrequently, should not hesitate to bring it to the attention of the organization's leadership.

Just playing devil's advocate, I typed in the intersection listed in the bottom right corner of the photo. Along with the state that I *think* the image is from. Google maps took me right to it. :whistle:

Unfortunately, that's not the reality of the age we are in. The image above was public and available. The address that image is of, and the names associated with it, are public and available.

Further, that image has no address or names associated with it. It is a picture of a house. Even if it did, it is all readily available, for free, to the public. That image was discovered using only information in this thread in other posts.

If you have problems with it, your complaints need to go to people far above my paygrade. Someone could post a shot of my house just as easily, and I am powerless to stop it.

I see where you're coming from, and I totally get it. I even asked Google Maps to remove a photo of my house since hey, you know what? I don't really want that on the internet (even though blah blah anyone can find it anywhere else.)

Just try to see where I'm coming from. I know all of you are really upset with him, I understand. But, he's barely 16 years old. It's clear that almost all of you know where he lives and how to get in touch with him, yet I haven't read of anyone getting in touch with the police in his area. If you can find all this information out about him, why is it so hard to call the cops on him? I mean no disrespect to you, but you know. doh!

I've sent a note to Mark Zaid informing him the NOD has a member not in good standing with this board, and it would be appreciated if they take this into consideration when having members join their group.

Hopefully, others take the same action as if Connor wants to play around in a serious hobby, we should help him go into another hobby. Then they can deal with "Awww, a young, new member" but later state "WTF!"

NOD leadership was informed about the transgressions and as a result this statement was issued by an NOD board member:

As a result of NOD member Conner Amans actions of failing to complete obligations for sales of comics to several CGC board memers, his membership to NOD is in the process of being revoked and he will be permanately suspended. He accepted money from several CGC board members for books and never shipped them.

Anyone who ever experiences a problem with an NOD board member, which I hope occurs quite infrequently, should not hesitate to bring it to the attention of the organization's leadership.

(thumbs u

Sorry it even had to come to this. Hopefully, it leads to a lesson learned as some of the folks sharing how amazing Connor's experience level is already with the comic hobby shows he has a potential to contribute in a positive way.

He needs to find the right path.

I see where you're coming from, and I totally get it. I even asked Google Maps to remove a photo of my house since hey, you know what? I don't really want that on the internet (even though blah blah anyone can find it anywhere else.)

Just try to see where I'm coming from. I know all of you are really upset with him, I understand. But, he's barely 16 years old. It's clear that almost all of you know where he lives and how to get in touch with him, yet I haven't read of anyone getting in touch with the police in his area. If you can find all this information out about him, why is it so hard to call the cops on him? I mean no disrespect to you, but you know. doh!

Ah, come on. Get busy with the disrespecting. I want to see BL unleashed. :popcorn:

Hey, I am in total agreement with taking that photo down. Please don't catalog everyone that had an issue with Connor taking the approach of posting photos of his house in this thread.

That's going way too far in making a point, and can lead to someone that has real mental issues seeking him out personally. That I do not agree with.

I hear you, but I think the game changed when he rubbed it in peoples faces that he was ripping them off.

No one wants to call the cops on anybody. A better solution is for this individual to step and fix the mess he made.

Ah, come on. Get busy with the disrespecting. I want to see BL unleashed. :popcorn:

No. No you don't.

I didn't want to come off as rude because I, believe it or not, don't want to see something happen to any of the good members of this board. If can sue McDonalds for coffee being hot, then parent's could try something similar. Trust me, parent's are crazy.

Hey, I am in total agreement with taking that photo down. Please don't catalog everyone that had an issue with Connor taking the approach of posting photos of his house in this thread.

That's going way too far in making a point, and can lead to someone that has real mental issues seeking him out personally. That I do not agree with.

There's no use going there, because there's enough in this thread to find out where he lives and the google street view of the house already, without the picture posted. Anyone who has problems with him already has his address. Anyone with a screw loose doesn't need a screenshot to find him.

No. No you don't.

I didn't want to come off as rude because I, believe it or not, don't want to see something happen to any of the good members of this board. If can sue McDonalds for coffee being hot, then parent's could try something similar. Trust me, parent's are crazy.

No kidding, I have two and one's a real mother. :gossip:

There's no use going there, because there's enough in this thread to find out where he lives and the google street view of the house already, without the picture posted. Anyone who has problems with him already has his address. Anyone with a screw loose doesn't need a screenshot to find him.

Just be careful is the real advice here.

I don't think anyone posted his street address in the thread, did they? I see where BaltimoreLauren is going with her concerns, and worst thing is this thread that now is putting pressure on Connor disappears when the mods see his home photo being listed.

Know what I mean? Pressure then disappears.