• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

This thread is disturbing that one of our own would act like this... :o

but the bigger question should there be a age limit in the sale thread. 18? :applause:

WEBHEAD

Most definitely!

but the bigger question should there be a age limit in the sale thread. 18? :applause:

WEBHEAD

Or a weight limit?

:jokealert:

WEBHEAD

Perhaps an minimum IQ would be better... hm

Yes! It would definitely need to be higher than 18. :insane:

WEBHEAD

Or a weight limit.

lol:cloud9:

I didn't make fun of the kid's appearance. He still deserves a swift kick in the arse, and he's still a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

I just think it's really interesting that a theme through this thread is the supposition that kids today feel empowered by the anonymity they have on the internet... Yet how many of the supposed "adults" who have been contributing to this thread would actually speak this way to a child (especially one they don't know) in person?

Would you call that 80-pound child in the photograph a "person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed" to his face, for example?

You're damn right I would. Especially the way he's blowing off everybody here like he could care less. Believe me, neither he nor his parents would want to deal with me if I was one of the people he screwed over. I don't just get mad, I get even. I ALSO YELL! :devil::sumo:

There should always have been an age limit, always.

But, people let a minor play on their emotions, said "aw shucks, it couldn't hurt"....and these are the consequences.

Now, any legal action will have to go through mommy and daddy, which makes it that much harder.

Dispassionate people rock.

Think back to when you were a minor, would you have been able to complete a sale here without scamming someone? An age limit is not needed. We just need people with a fully functional brain and some ethics. That is all.

Ok you have a point.

But then you have another problem. Unless CGC sets the Age limit.

Then the most found age anyone can register a forum at is 13+

Otherwise, you still can't stop a minor from buying or selling, but the people of the forums.

And everyone of course is different.

Ok you have a point.

Otherwise, you still can't stop a minor from buying or selling, but the people of the forums.

Silvers. honey, the adults are talking. :makepoint:

Ok you have a point.

What I make no sense?

Also at 19, I am by law an adult. So :sumo:

:baiting:

Having minors involved in a message forum that predominantly involves adults has its own concerns that I'm sure the good people who run these boards must be fully aware of.

Least I hope they are.

Ok you have a point.

po buttuhs ! lol

Ok you have a point.

lol Honey lol

Having minors involved in a message forum that predominantly involves adults has its own concerns that I'm sure the good people who run these boards must be fully aware of.

Least I hope they are.

It's a call I hope they make near-term as I can see more of this happening as interests in comic collecting and investing grows.

Ok you have a point.

po buttuhs ! lol

Sup? :hi:

Like many I've been reading this thread from it's origins in the probation thread through to it's current contributions. I've been amazed and disappointed that a fellow board member has failed to fulfill a sales agreement leaving other board members devoid of funds and feeling, with good cause, cheated and angry. I can not blame these individuals for working to gain appropriate restitution from Cap Freak (Connor). I can even support their channeling this anger into a focused effort to inform Connor's parents since he is a minor and a majority of states require action for resitution to be taken against the minor's parents since a minor can not, in most cases, engage in a legally binding contract. The actions of other board members to inform the appropriate law enforcement officials within Connor's state when he didn't have to go to such length is highly commendable. This is the sort of action taken when a community bands together. The goal is, as far as I can tell from the overall tone of the beginning of this thread, is to have Connor held accountable for his actions and provide appropriate resitution for them. What I can't help but wonder is when does working to hold someone accountable become an acceptable venue for personal attacks? Are Connor's actions reprehensible? Absolutely. Does he need to be held accountable for them? Definitely. Does this justify grown adults belittling and demeaning him? I guess that's something we each have to decide for ourselves. At some point we, the adults, have to step back and say enough is enough, engage in the appropriate venues and move forward. Do the agreeved parties still have a right to their anger at their circumstances? ABSOLUTELY. Should we as a community continue to support them? Yes, 100%. We can do this through means that have been suggested by others... mass muting of offending parties when they cheat our community, set age limits as suggested by Webhead to, at the very least, make certain that anyone entering into a sale is of a legal age to be held responsible through the law and continue to utilize the probation thread as a means of protecting our community. There does come a time when we have to act with the moral compunctions that we want, and expect, Connor to have acted with.