• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

I, for one, am glad to see that Conner is surrounded by such a well-meaning group of adults who, despite his indiscretions, are not acting like juveniles themselves. Thank goodness everyone involved is simply working to get their money back rather than making fun of a child's physical appearance.

Kudos to everyone involved here. This is a proud day for the CGC message boards and comic collectors in general.

A shill with a moral compass, who would have thought? (shrug)

My troll. My very own troll. :cloud9:

(tsk)

There are a number of us who have ownership of this troll. Go find your own. :sumo:

I'm gonna move you up to the special place. :foryou:

I can honestly say, after 5 years on these boards, this is the scariest post I have ever read. :eek:

Shucks y'all, I'm jest teasin', huney.

stupidlookingsmiley.gif

I, for one, am glad to see that Conner is surrounded by such a well-meaning group of adults who, despite his indiscretions, are not acting like juveniles themselves. Thank goodness everyone involved is simply working to get their money back rather than making fun of a child's physical appearance.

Kudos to everyone involved here. This is a proud day for the CGC message boards and comic collectors in general.

(worship)

A shill with a moral compass, who would have thought? (shrug)

My troll. My very own troll. :cloud9:

(tsk)

There are a number of us who have ownership of this troll. Go find your own. :sumo:

I'm gonna move you up to the special place. :foryou:

I can honestly say, after 5 years on these boards, this is the scariest post I have ever read. :eek:

Shucks y'all, I'm jest teasin', huney.

stupidlookingsmiley.gif

:fear:

Like many I've been reading this thread from it's origins in the probation thread through to it's current contributions. I've been amazed and disappointed that a fellow board member has failed to fulfill a sales agreement leaving other board members devoid of funds and feeling, with good cause, cheated and angry. I can not blame these individuals for working to gain appropriate restitution from Cap Freak (Connor). I can even support their channeling this anger into a focused effort to inform Connor's parents since he is a minor and a majority of states require action for resitution to be taken against the minor's parents since a minor can not, in most cases, engage in a legally binding contract. The actions of other board members to inform the appropriate law enforcement officials within Connor's state when he didn't have to go to such length is highly commendable. This is the sort of action taken when a community bands together. The goal is, as far as I can tell from the overall tone of the beginning of this thread, is to have Connor held accountable for his actions and provide appropriate resitution for them. What I can't help but wonder is when does working to hold someone accountable become an acceptable venue for personal attacks? Are Connor's actions reprehensible? Absolutely. Does he need to be held accountable for them? Definitely. Does this justify grown adults belittling and demeaning him? I guess that's something we each have to decide for ourselves. At some point we, the adults, have to step back and say enough is enough, engage in the appropriate venues and move forward. Do the agreeved parties still have a right to their anger at their circumstances? ABSOLUTELY. Should we as a community continue to support them? Yes, 100%. We can do this through means that have been suggested by others... mass muting of offending parties when they cheat our community, set age limits as suggested by Webhead to, at the very least, make certain that anyone entering into a sale is of a legal age to be held responsible through the law and continue to utilize the probation thread as a means of protecting our community. There does come a time when we have to act with the moral compunctions that we want, and expect, Connor to have acted with.

Too tired to read block text...

Like many I've been reading this thread from it's origins in the probation thread through to it's current contributions. :( I've been amazed and disappointed that a fellow board member has failed to fulfill a sales agreement leaving other board members devoid of funds and feeling, with good cause, cheated and angry. :sumo: I can not blame these individuals for working to gain appropriate restitution from Cap Freak (Connor). :angel: I can even support their channeling this anger into a focused effort to inform Connor's parents since he is a minor and a majority of states require action for resitution to be taken against the minor's parents since a minor can not, in most cases, engage in a legally binding contract. (thumbs u The actions of other board members to inform the appropriate law enforcement officials within Connor's state when he didn't have to go to such length is highly commendable. ^^ This is the sort of action taken when a community bands together. :cloud9: The goal is, as far as I can tell from the overall tone of the beginning of this thread, is to have Connor held accountable for his actions and provide appropriate resitution for them. :makepoint: What I can't help but wonder is when does working to hold someone accountable become an acceptable venue for personal attacks? (shrug) Are Connor's actions reprehensible? hm Absolutely. :sumo: Does he need to be held accountable for them? hm Definitely. :sumo: Does this justify grown adults belittling and demeaning him? hm I guess that's something we each have to decide for ourselves. :sorry: At some point we, the adults, have to step back and say enough is enough, engage in the appropriate venues and move forward. rantrant Do the agreeved parties still have a right to their anger at their circumstances? hm ABSOLUTELY. :sumo::sumo: Should we as a community continue to support them? hm Yes, 100%. :sumo: We can do this through means that have been suggested by others... mass muting of offending parties when they cheat our community, set age limits as suggested by Webhead to, at the very least, make certain that anyone entering into a sale is of a legal age to be held responsible through the law and continue to utilize the probation thread as a means of protecting our community. :takeit: There does come a time when we have to act with the moral compunctions that we want, and expect, Connor to have acted with. :luhv:

Too tired to read block text...

Is it better like this?

Junkenstein99 is out $100.00 for a downpayment on a Batman #52

MYNAMEIS LEGION is out $28.00

lookwhoitis is out $0.44 (awarded $4.53 from paypal dispute where I paid $4.93)

mschmidt out $17.86

Pitboss out $1.64 - awarded $34.36 of $36

Shiverbones $16+

Just found out there is another victim that was away for a little bit. He just read the Sales Problem thread and realized he may have an issue with his order.

ebradley - Out $35

Hope the $200 was worth all this mess doh!

Right? Why screw up life so bad over something like this when he could have made MUCH MORE selling for a few weeks and actually sending the books out?

Especially with this contacts he had, he could have cleared some nice coin with all the super items dealers throw his way because he is "The Kid."

What a shame!

Well said Lego, despite what Connor did the Internet lynching and pile on going on here is disgraceful.

He's old enough to scam people out of their money. He's old enough to read these threads and comprehend what's going on. He's old enough that instead of owning up to it he pops up now and again to make snide comments or simply to let people know he's reading but isn't going to do anything to make it right. If he's old enough to do all that.......

then he's old enough to take his lumps. He's a scammer and a coward. And yeah, his friggin' haircut looks ridiculous. I don't buy the age-related cop out. He's been a member of the community for some time. He knows what's right and wrong about this situation and he dern tootin' knows how to rectify it. He chooses not to. He saddled this pony up and now he can ride it.

He's old enough to scam people out of their money. He's old enough to read these threads and comprehend what's going on. He's old enough that instead of owning up to it he pops up now and again to make snide comments or simply to let people know he's reading but isn't going to do anything to make it right. If he's old enough to do all that.......

then he's old enough to take his lumps. He's a scammer and a coward. And yeah, his friggin' haircut looks ridiculous. I don't buy the age-related cop out. He's been a member of the community for some time. He knows what's right and wrong about this situation and he dern tootin' knows how to rectify it. He chooses not to. He saddled this pony up and now he can ride it.

:applause:

For the record:

I sent Junkenstein his book as I said I would, now he owes me $100.

About time!

And the rest of the folks on the list Connor?

Will be refunded as soon as the $100 dispute is over and I receive the other $100 as planned.

Well said Lego, despite what Connor did the Internet lynching and pile on going on here is disgraceful.

Then ignore it and just go away. Connor certainly didn't have a problem screwing people on the internet now did he?

For the record:

I sent Junkenstein his book as I said I would, now he owes me $100.

Great! I'm sure you'll get your money once he's received his merchandise. Now keep on making it right with everyone else. No situation is un-salvageable. Just do right by the people you need to. Apologize to whomever you feel is owed an apology and move forward. With enough time and no more hiccups, things will be fine. Don't dodge the situation and don't be a smart-azz. Make things right. That's the 1st step.