• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if he is also a member of NOD? If so the last sentence is a killer.

I had found this while trying to help out obtaining his address.

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/list.php

Members

Connor Amans

All Star Comics

I first began collecting comic books at the age of 7, when I found a copy of Silver Surfer #18 at a used book sale, bought it, read it several times that night and the rest is history. I had been collecting comics with regular trips to my local comic store and annual ventures to Wizard World at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Fastforward to June 2006, with the discovery of the CGC Message Boards, and the beginning of a new chapter in my comic collecting. I learned so much, so quickly in my two years as a regular poster on what is commonly referred to as "the boards".

I soon learned of an organization called the NOD. I researched them and sympathized with their mission and guidelines, having had previous instances of receiving comics with undisclosed restoration, I later detected. I feel that with the numerous scheisters, scammers, and con-men in todays society, it is necessary to do all we can to stem the tide of these rip-off artists by taking a vow of disclosure and educating others. I feel compelled to help create a safer environment to buy and sell comic books.

It was posted in the probation thread, Capandfalcon. I also put a link there where he defaulted on payment with a few boards. Why that name is not on the list is beyond me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534&fpart=534

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1261102&fpart=1

So he was 12 in 2006, making him 15 now? What a treat!

And it appears that profile is still active, although he hasn't posted with it since 2006.

It was posted in the probation thread, Capandfalcon. I also put a link there where he defaulted on payment with a few boards. Why that name is not on the list is beyond me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534&fpart=534

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1261102&fpart=1

So he was 12 in 2006, making him 15 now? What a treat!

And it appears that profile is still active, although he hasn't posted with it since 2006.

The irony is that if this is in fact a shill account, does that call for a ban?

I was wildly unpopular in my grad school psych classes for suggesting that some kids don't benefit from a time-out, and just need a good assbeating.

i agree, some kids just don't "get it" and they need to understand pain will come with some of their stupid actions.

j

My parents whipped my butt, and I deserved it. If they'd sent me to a corner for a 'time-out', I'd have just have used those minutes to devise other devious to pull.

I honestly believe that my dad's belt is the primary reason I'm not currently incarcerated.

Does anyone know if he is also a member of NOD? If so the last sentence is a killer.

I had found this while trying to help out obtaining his address.

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/list.php

I'm sending an email to Mark Zaid to have that kid removed from NOD as he is not a "member in good standing" on this forum. I would hope they feel the same way and tell him to find a new home.

I was able to get my money back, but I will NEVER tolerate someone playing these games with others.

What are Connor's other screennames?

Are you serious? He has a few screen names? Is that allowed?

My memory is muddy, but I thought he also used the name 'CapandFalcon' or something like that.

Doesn't come up under the search feature, but if he has another screen name, I'll notifying the mods as that is BS.

What else has he gotten away with because he's "just a boy?"

Here's a post from CapANDFalcon saying he's Connor.

Link.

I was wildly unpopular in my grad school psych classes for suggesting that some kids don't benefit from a time-out, and just need a good assbeating.

i agree, some kids just don't "get it" and they need to understand pain will come with some of their stupid actions.

j

My parents whipped my butt, and I deserved it. If they'd sent me to a corner for a 'time-out', I'd have just have used those minutes to devise other devious to pull.

I honestly believe that my dad's belt is the primary reason I'm not currently incarcerated.

Most kids today would think those are urban legends getting a belt across your azz. We had a very strict household with no margin of error. It was like living on a keg of nitro. No talking at the supper table. None. Eat and shut up. I had the unfortunate honor of sitting next to my old man. He caught me sticking a mouthful of mashed potatoes at my sister on night. The last thing I remember was semi-uncounciousness on the floor after a right cross. I was about 14. All I remembered was my mother saying " Did you have to hit him that hard", as everyone continued with there dinner. WTF. How hard was his supposed to crack me? :o

DRX

Not to rub salt in the wound here...

But I have to point out the fact that it's probably an unwise decision to do business with minors. What this kid has done is clearly wrong, but the decision making of those who chose to buy from him has to be questioned as well.

This should be a lesson to everyone to be a little more cautious with whom you choose to deal.

j

+1 My carcass would probably have served time if not for the quality time my bottom spent with the cutting board.

This kids roughly around 15-16 years old, so while I doubt his parent's will beat him, they may take away his cellphone/computer, which to todays youth is about the worst thing you can do.

j

Most kids today would think those are urban legends getting a belt across your azz. We had a very strict household with no margin of error. It was like living on a keg of nitro. No talking at the supper table. None. Eat and shut up. I had the unfortunate honor of sitting next to my old man. He caught me sticking a mouthful of mashed potatoes at my sister on night. The last thing I remember was semi-uncounciousness on the floor after a right cross. I was about 14. All I remembered was my mother saying " Did you have to hit him that hard", as everyone continued with there dinner. WTF. How hard was his supposed to crack me? :o

DRX

How's your relationship with your dad now, if it's all right to ask?

I've sent a note to Mark Zaid informing him the NOD has a member not in good standing with this board, and it would be appreciated if they take this into consideration when having members join their group.

Hopefully, others take the same action as if Connor wants to play around in a serious hobby, we should help him go into another hobby. Then they can deal with "Awww, a young, new member" but later state "WTF!"

j

DRX

sorry dude, I never had it that bad, but a belt or had was know to hit my a few times at least. I still think spanking is a useful tool for raising a child, it shouldn't be the only tool one uses, but it is effective when used with other things