• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you do with 40K

80 posts in this topic

I am saddened by all the people who collect comics on this board who have broken wish fulfillment buttons. In this and the billionare threads, there are multiple "grown up" answers. They do not belong in these threads. :makepoint:

If I were a billionare, I'd buy an island, build a castle on it, and fill it full of comics and books, floor to ceiling. :cloud9: Every room. Even the gymnasium.

From this thread- I'll take the 40 1k books too. Still fluid, (more actually) and I can think of plenty I'd like to own.

I'm sorry...I didn't realise that you had to post stupid response to every thread in General. :baiting:

I thought it was just most of them. :insane:

If I had a $40,000 windfall, none of it would go towards comics.

That's an amount of money that you could make some choices with, that could make a small but significant difference to most people's lives.

Comics get paid for out of loose change and buying/selling. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I am saddened by all the people who collect comics on this board who have broken wish fulfillment buttons. In this and the billionare threads, there are multiple "grown up" answers. They do not belong in these threads. :makepoint:

If I were a billionare, I'd buy an island, build a castle on it, and fill it full of comics and books, floor to ceiling. :cloud9: Every room. Even the gymnasium.

From this thread- I'll take the 40 1k books too. Still fluid, (more actually) and I can think of plenty I'd like to own.

I have to agree, this was supposed to be for people who want to collect comics, not with other financial issues.

I would also fill the castle with books. Even more so, I would have a moat that I would line with Aquaman and Submariner comics, then have the entire moat slabbed and fill it will rare fish that dont ever poop. hmm. OK; plastic fish.

Then I would wonder how the +Spoon+ I was going to get to work, since there are no castles near where I work.

I'm sorry...I didn't realise that you had to post stupid response to every thread in General. :baiting:

I thought it was just most of them. :insane:

from grownup to toddler in less than 4 seconds.

:baiting:

zoooooooooooooooooooooommmmmm. :insane:

I have to agree, this was supposed to be for people who want to collect comics, not with other financial issues.

I would also fill the castle with books. Even more so, I would have a moat that I would line with Aquaman and Submariner comics, then have the entire moat slabbed and fill it will rare fish that dont ever poop. hmm. OK; plastic fish.

Then I would wonder how the +Spoon+ I was going to get to work, since there are no castles near where I work.

I'm sure most people here would love to have 40k to just spend on comics and not have other finacial responsiblilities, but that's just no the case. We are people who live in the real world and yes I still have dreams, but they have changed.

I would love to have a comic book shop, a few acres of land with cattle and horses, and be finacial independent. But even with a billion dollars, I could run out of money fast and have nothing of value to show for it, or I could spend the money to help my family and be able to enjoy the benefits for the rest of my life. If I had no debt my ability to by expensive books would increase greatly, so would my attendance at cons and my ability to take vacations. I love comics a lot, but they don't come first in my life.

build one of those cool underwater arches, like in big fancy aquariams. have the GA keys encased in water tight submergables, attached to sharks, fish, then as they swim around, as you walk thru the hall, you can see 200k books swim by.

If I had a $40,000 windfall, none of it would go towards comics.

That's an amount of money that you could make some choices with, that could make a small but significant difference to most people's lives.

Comics get paid for out of loose change and buying/selling. (thumbs u

+1

Though I'd probably pull a few hundred out for one cool book. :grin:

+2

I'd pay off my credit cards swiftly and take the nice chunk left over and sock it away for my kids. Although the old lady would probably take it and blow it all buying herself a bigger diamond. :sick:

Now we are talking.

Rest of the castle:

Bathroom: Sea Devils

Bed Room: Phantom Lady

Mother In Laws Room: Suspense Stories, Tales from the Crypt, any pre-code Horror

Daughters Room: Little LuLu

Sons Room: Captain Midnight

will think of more later

Since we are having such fun in Billionaire world, what would you rather do with 40K

1 - 40K comic

2 - 20 K comics

40 - 1K comics

400 - $100 comics

(and we will just pretend shipping does not exist)

Personally - 40 x 1 K comics, oooooo - warm feeling.

I'd be torn between paying down some debt and buying a Batman #1. The eternal conflict rages on......

Now we are talking.

Rest of the castle:

Bathroom: Sea Devils

Bed Room: Phantom Lady

Mother In Laws Room: Suspense Stories, Tales from the Crypt, any pre-code Horror

Daughters Room: Little LuLu

Sons Room: Captain Midnight

will think of more later

exactly- theme that bad boy out. Original first edition cookbooks in the kitchen, preferably autographed.

great dinner conversation books in the dining room- either written by great conversationalists, or about great converstaionalists. (George Bernard Shaw, David Sedaris, Winston Churchill)

love the mother in law room theme.

I'm in as much debt as any of you, and my real world answer is as grown up.

So screw it.

First, I'd buy a cheapie All-Winners #1 to slake my Timely jones and then use the remainder on a killer upgrade of Fantastic Four #1.

I'm in as much debt as any of you, and my real world answer is as grown up.

So screw it.

First, I'd buy a cheapie All-Winners #1 to slake my Timely jones and then use the remainder on a killer upgrade of Fantastic Four #1.

that's the spirit. :applause: