• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions please - Did I just get a trimmed book?

9 posts in this topic

I just got this in the mail and it looked weird to me right away. But I'm willing to say that maybe I'm being paranoid so I'd like to hear other opinions.

Here's the book I just bought.

Batman405.jpg

Compare to this pic I found online (one of many; seems representative & accurate):

ebayBatman405.jpg

I understand that some variation in how books are cut by the publisher is normal, but: The word "BY" is almost at the edge; the 2 stars are cut off; and, no part at all of the upper circle of the DC logo shows.

Cover height is just a hair over 10 3/8". It's not 10.5".

I've got the Year One TPB, which is 10.5" H on the button. It's taller than this book.

OK, please tell me what you think.

Thanks

I just got this in the mail and it looked weird to me right away. But I'm willing to say that maybe I'm being paranoid so I'd like to hear other opinions.

Batman405.jpg

Compare to this pic I found online (one of many; seems representative & accurate):

ebayBatman405.jpg

I understand that some variation in how books are cut by the publisher is normal, but: The word "BY" is almost at the edge; the 2 stars are cut off; and, no part at all of the upper circle of the DC logo shows.

I've got the Year One TPB, which is 10.5" H on the button. It's taller than this book.

Thanks

The scan is to blurry to get a good look at the top edge. But compare the bottoms of the two books. Look at the distance from the bottom of the book to the feet. And the height of the word block from the bottom of the two. I think the books are just cut different..

Just my 2c

DRX

Thanks

The scan is to blurry to get a good look at the top edge. But compare the bottoms of the two books. Look at the distance from the bottom of the book to the feet. And the height of the word block from the bottom of the two. I think the books are just cut different..

Just my 2c

DRX

Good point (thumbs u

Not only can the cut-placement vary, height and width can vary. I've seen larger variations than the 1/8" you're seeing; I've seen Silver and Bronze books that are up to 1/2" wider than almost any other copy of the same issues you're likely to ever see. Neither exact width/height nor art placement are used to detect a trim since they both vary at the press.