• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books will you be looking for in '04?

42 posts in this topic

Currin just posted that he was "going after war books this year. What books are you going to be looking to get in 2004?

I'm looking for a few more NM House of Secrets (#'s 88, 91, 97, & 105) to finish up my HOS collection. Also starting a collection of Phantom Stranger #'s 1-20 in NM. Also, just lost a 9.4 Wonder Woman #208 on ebay (I don't collect WW, but I have to have this issue. What a beautiful book). I'm looking for a HG Brave & Bold #33 to complete my Cave Carson collection. Does ANYONE collect these? Believe it or not, also am collecting Anthro in NM. Need the #1 and #3 and then I'll have the entire run!!! (6 issues). Showcase #55 (not sure I can afford a HG copy) and #80 (Phantom Stranger).

Those are just a few books that come to mind. I know there will be more as the year goes on. What about everyone else?

I'm looking for a few more NM House of Secrets (#'s 88, 91, 97, & 105) to finish up my HOS collection. Also starting a collection of Phantom Stranger #'s 1-20 in NM. Also, just lost a 9.4 Wonder Woman #208 on ebay (I don't collect WW, but I have to have this issue. What a beautiful book). I'm looking for a HG Brave & Bold #33 to complete my Cave Carson collection. Does ANYONE collect these? Believe it or not, also am collecting Anthro in NM. Need the #1 and #3 and then I'll have the entire run!!! (6 issues). Showcase #55 (not sure I can afford a HG copy) and #80 (Phantom Stranger).

Those are just a few books that come to mind. I know there will be more as the year goes on. What about everyone else?

What a coincidence I'm lookin for these SAME EXACT BOOKS now ! 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

I've been on and off with this and strictly readers but:

early ASM, X-Men, Thor

Phantom Lady, True Crime, all those pretty horror covers you guys post

Marvel Bronze ...etc

too many to mention smile.gif my collection lacks focus sometimes

V. Interesting...so you're the one who collects Cave Carson appearances. Can't go wrong with Phantom Strangers, however - a must have Bronze title, IMO.

Seriously, it all comes down to affordability and budgets - I want everything, y'see. If I had to make a choice and had a good year financially, I'd go for high grade pre-code horror icon books and G.A. Caps, especially the Kirby/Shores covers (yeah, I can dream).

I wonder what Ian Levine will be after this year.....................

V. Interesting...so you're the one who collects Cave Carson appearances.

Yes. I guess that I'm the only one who does. Oh, well...not much competition. But have you EVE seen a high grade Brave & Bold #31? Check out the Census on that one.

Brave & Bold 31

In at least 9.4...........

FF#27,30,37 JIM#117

Fantastic Four #27 is my most favorite issue. I got a nice copy from Ted at Superworld a while back. It's not a 9.4, but still a nice copy.

353636-FF27.jpg

353636-FF27.jpg.b52d6d543dc6b042ae48ffb1c64c2470.jpg

I think I am going to give new comics another chance. It has been 3-4 years since I stepped inside a shop. Maybe something will catch my interests.

I plan on doing some serious treasure hunting for GA and SA books. I might pick up some WWII covers from collectors/dealers.

Other stuff I plan on obtaining this year includes original artwork, some rare alternate covers and 1st appearances of my favorite characters.

Well, I'd like to get back some of those ASM books I sold (I had about 33% of the entire collection, now down to 40 paltry issues). Also looking for Ghosts #7-20 in NM, I need to upgrade my House of Secrets VF to NM, selling my Witching Hour VFs, slab my House of Mystery, upgrade my Unexpecteds...DC horror are impossible in high grade....

BTW, if anyone has any bronze Marvel horror in NM or higher, I am buying (see Comic Marketplace).

and when I've done all of that, will start collecting Marvel superheros.

Pimpy, and you think you aren't focussed....I want it ALL!!!

bwwaa ha ha ha, bwaaa ha ha ha!

1. Amazing Spider-mans (Silver Age) to complete my Run Including ASM #1.

2. Bronze Age Marvel Key's and 1st issues

3. Anthing I can get for a good deal

4. Barnyard Comics in VF or better condition

Should be a good year for me in comics, now if the market can decline a little, I can get some of these books without breaking the bank!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Of course, planning on finishing my ASM and Cap run. Hell, I could complete my Cap run quite easily if Ideal would list those damn 9.6's they have on eBay. Also, planning on getting a 8.5-9.0 run of Avengers 1-10. Maybe start buying 9.4 FF's.. I dunno..

Brian

Of course, planning on finishing my ASM and Cap run. Hell, I could complete my Cap run quite easily if Ideal would list those damn 9.6's they have on eBay. Also, planning on getting a 8.5-9.0 run of Avengers 1-10. Maybe start buying 9.4 FF's.. I dunno..

Brian

What issues do you need? I have 5 Caps below 110.

Timely

I'm hoping this is the year I find a nice copy of Adventure 247, and then will be looking for an upgraded GL 40 and 59. I'm always looking for early Cap TOS's and hope to find at least one great yard sale find(got shut out last year).Will be on the lookout for Marvel price variants,to flip.